Rancid review by Rancid

• Released: Aug 1, 2000
Rancid: Rancid

This is a great CD. Rancid is probably one of the least known of the punk revival bands from the early nineties(the other punk revival bands were Green Day and the Offspring). They have much more of an original punk sound. They sound a lot like Minor Threat and you can tell Minor Threat must have influenced them. The music is very fast(just like Minor Threat). The guitar isn't the most skillful, but that is what made Punk Punk. I also loved how you could really hear the bass.

The singer has a voice that is really fast and hard to understand (just like Minor Threat). Many professional singers or singing instructors would probably think this is a horrible voice, but I love it. I think punk was always different than what is considered proper. I'm not quite sure about the lyrics. They are really hard to understand and I'm not sure what the meaning is.

Like I said earlier, I think Rancid is the most punk group of the nineties. Animosity and It's quite alright are my two favorite songs from the album. I love the voice and the bass. There really isn't anuthing I hate about it. I would replace it if it was stolen or broken.

Johnny_talent
    Rancid are one of the few bands to truly combine punk spirt and spit, ska rythms and musical ability aswell as pure attitude to the perfect result Rancid are the spirit of Punk