Rancid [2000] review by Rancid

• Released: Aug 1, 2000
Rancid: Rancid [2000]

Rancid [2000] is definitely my favorite Rancid album. My favorite album in general. Rancid [2000] was the first release after their influence-laced Life Wont Wait. They went back to their punk roots for this album, and as far as the punk goes, it's their loudest, fastest album. And it sounds great.

Rancid has never been real good at writing lyrics, but some of the songs are fairly good lyricwise. Probably the best is 'Rattlesnake'. The song is about another musician. I don't know who it is, but Lars Fredrickson is angry.

This is my favorite album from any artist. Some of the best songs are Disgruntled, Dead Bodies, Rattlesnake, Young Al Capone, Blackhawk Down, and the best is Axiom. Axiom has a bass guitar solo very similiar to Maxwell Murder. The worst song is definitely Rigged On A Fix. The vocals are annoying and the lyrics pointless. But it is the only bad song on the album. I would buy another copy if it were stolen. Definitely.

jonkv
    This Album moves far away from there Life won't wait style . Leaving out there ska and slow punk and going full force with street punk . Buy this album