Still Feels Good review by Rascal Flatts

• Released: Sep 25, 2007
Rascal Flatts: Still Feels Good

For the Rascal Flatts fifth album they have seemed to stay right on pace with the previous four. The new album gives a similar sound Me & My Gang. There are a couple songs that are quite the same if the listener isn't paying attention. There is also a couple songs that have very classic country sounds to them which give the overall a nice sound.

This album appears to be more upbeat the Me & My Gang, exception of It's Not Supposed to go Like That. Even the lyrics that are more morose are still set to music that is up tempo allowing for a mixed feeling. Still, it seems that lead singer Gary Levox is always straining to reach those upper notes that would probably be easier sung in a falsetto, but that sound is his. I still am surprised that there isn't more damage done to his vocal chords yet. In a surprise though, Jaime Foxx is a nice change in She Goes All The Way. His smoother voice is a good contrast and compliment to Levox's, the harmonies they produce, though not hard, are very nice.

This album does seem to work in line with the prior four. There is still the 'fun' song, Bob That Head, and the typical love melody, Take Me There. There are a couple surprises in Every Day and Better Now. This album has been easier to listen straight through without getting the feeling of knowing where the next song is going. Yes, a couple of the songs do sound similar, but that is easy to forget about. Overall I would suggest this album and I would purchase it again.

rebreh
    Dang i can't believe saying first comment is spam. You know in my day spam was food