Invasion Of Your Privacy review by Ratt

• Released: Jun 13, 1985
Ratt: Invasion Of Your Privacy

Ratt released their second album "Invasion Of Your Privacy" in June of 1985. This album featured the normal Ratt sound that the first album 1984's "Out Of The Cellar" and their 1983 EP. Driven by guitarists Warren DeMartini and the late Robbin Crosby (R.I.P 1959-2002) this album showed the band growing as musicians and songwriters. On songs like "Never Use Love", "Give It All", and "Got Me On The Line" the band showed their growing talent. Ratt's first ballad also appeared on this album. "Closer To My Heart" is you're normal hair metal ballad with the given boost of energy that the early hair metal bands had. The album also contained the hits "You're In Love" and "Lay It Down". "Lay It Down" went on to become the band's second biggest hit behind the smash hit "Round And Round" off the "Out Of The Cellar" album.

The lyrics are your normal hair metal lyrics when it comes to the subject of the songs, but vocalist Stephen Pearcy really knew how to write lyrics out of those subjects that blended perfectly with the songs. Pearcy is one of those vocalists who like using a lot of detail in his writing that gets you thinking. Just listen to "You're In Love", "Lay It Down", "Give It All", and "What You Give Is What You Get". Pearcy has always sang with a raw voice and it wouldn't be Ratt if he didn't. Singing and lyrics overall are great.

Out of every Ratt album this is one of there best. Ever since I first bought it when I got into Ratt back in 2006 I've worn out three copies of this album. My favorite songs from this album are "Give It All", "Lay It Down", and "Got Me On The Line". Every song on this album is great those are just my top three favorite. I love everything about and would definitely recommend it to someone who is just getting into 80s hair metal.

Megadethfan245
    In my opinion, the review was rated too highly. You even said in the review "typical hair metal." If something is typical how can it be a 10? Oh well I respect your opinion.
    Way Cool JR.
    No other band sounded like RATT they just straight out rock. I love this album I own it on Cassette and Vinyl bought new back in the day. I still got to get it on CD RATT & ROLL!
    melowar
    The songs on this album take me back to when I was 7 yrs old and my older brother blasting this shit on the stereo system. I didn't know what they looked liked and didn't care because everything sounded so catchy and good. To this day, I guess you could say that Ratt are a "guilty pleasure" of mine. These guys really did know their shit