Ratt review by Ratt

• Released: Jan 1, 1999
Ratt: Ratt

The sound on this album is great. It is album quality and it sounds fantastic. You can't get it on CD (unless bootlegged). Ratt pressed a few copies of this album on cassatte, but the easiest way to find one is on vinyl. I bought it at a local record store and I was surprised; I thought that it would be more rare, but it is pretty easy to find on vinyl.

Stephen Pearcy's vocals are the same as they always are, making almost every ratt song sound the same. If you are a ratt fan you'll be used to it, if not a fan then you'll get tired of ratt quick. There are six songs on the record, 3 on each side. They are: Sweet Cheater, You think you're tough, you got it, tell the world, back for more and a cover of Walkin the dog. The guitar work is good along with the vocals. The best thing about it is that it has some cool songs that you can only find on here.

This was recorded in 83 and ratt released the triple platinum "out of the cellar" that same year. This features a more raw band than on "out of the cellar" and it is probably ratt at their finest. Any fan will like all of the songs, but I think the ones that stand out the most are sweet cheater and You think you're tough. they are both great songs. This record is a must buy for any fan of ratt or early LA glam metal.