Up All Night Review

artist: Razorlight date: 11/07/2005 category: compact discs
Razorlight: Up All Night
Released: June 28, 2004
Genre: Rock
Up All Night is a record that shines from start to finish.
 Lyrics: 9.2
 8.7
 9.5
 7.9
Up All Night Reviewed by: uppy, on july 15, 2004

Sound: They stick to the punk-rock adage of keeping it simple as if their lives depended on it. And yet Razorlight still sound remarkably original. Great riffs and great music. // 10

Lyrics: The lyrics are great and some slightly catchy - yet not annoying. Johnny Borrell - the singer defently has something in his voice, reminds me of Jarvis Cocker. The lyrics work really well with the music. // 10

Overall Impression: It's may be not as good as Guns N Roses and the Red Hot Chilli Peppers but it has something, all the songs on the alblum you can listen to, theres not one when you have to skip it to get a better song. If I lost this cd I would buy it again, but hopefully I won't lose it. Personaly myself I love this albulm and all the luck to this band in the future. // 8

Up All Night Reviewed by: unregistered, on october 06, 2004

Sound: Razorlight were formed via an add in NME. Singer/Guitarist Jonny Borrell wanted to create a rock&roll band and this is shown by this album. It is amazing. The music, the lyrics, its all here. Borrells claims about his band are entirely justified by their debut album. The sound is great, tracks like Vice and Golden Touch will either have you singing or playing guitar along with the music. // 10

Lyrics: Jonny Borrells claim that his lyrics are as good as Bob Dylands is somewhat justified on the album. Songs like Golden Touch ("When All they Know, Is How To Put You Down, When Your There, Theyre Your Friend, But Then When Your Not Around") really show the bands class. The music on the album is even better, the lyrics fit well into the riffs on each song. As a singer Jonny Borrell is very talented. His voice sounds very good on the album, not too loud, not too rough. // 10

Overall Impression: This has to be one of the years best albums. Theyre 5 singles, Rock&Roll Lies, Rip It Up, Stumble & Fall, Golden Touch and Vice have alot of class but tracks such as Leave Me Alone and Up All Night really shine through. Although a rock album, its really easy and enjoyable to listen to, I cant really find any bad points about the album. If this album was stolen or lost I wouldnt hesitate to buy another copy. // 10

Up All Night Reviewed by: delaceya03, on april 05, 2005

Sound: The sound of Razorlight is original and great. It is mixed to perfection. All the songs sound great and all have a soft-rocky-type feel to them which is really good. // 10

Lyrics: Overall the lyrics are good some songs aren't the best lyrically but are still really good. Golden Touch has partically good lyrics and has been crafted well by Johnny. The singing itself is good aswell so it doesn't let the lyrics down like in some other bands of the genre. // 8

Overall Impression: A great album. It is up there with Up The Bracket by the Libertines. All the songs are crafted well. "Golden Touch," "Stumble And Fall" and "Rip It Up" stand out as they are fantastic songs and are good both lyrically and melodically. I love the fact that an album this good is in my collection and it should be in yours! If I lost it I would by a new one straight away. // 10

Up All Night Reviewed by: MiniMusicMasta, on september 29, 2005

Sound: I think Razorlight are have started a revolution to indie. They are an indie band, but have a slightly different feel about them though. The music is very good and no empty spaces with no music in. 10 and no doubt about it. // 10

Lyrics: The lyrics do have a meaning to them, for example, 'Golden Touch' is about a girl who has her friends jealous and talking behind her back, and 'Somewhere Else' that talks about being in a difficult position. The singer has a unique skill that adds a bit more glamour to the music. I will give lyrics a 9. // 9

Overall Impression: Razorlight are a unique indie band who are similar to no other artists out at the moment. The most impressive songs have to be Rock'N'Roll Lies, Vice, Golden Touch, Stumble And Fall, In The City and Somwhere Else, although I can't doubt any of the other songs. I love the way Razorlight are unique in their way of writing lyrics and making music. I would definitely buy the CD again if it got lost or broke as it is one to treasure. // 10

Up All Night Reviewed by: Stealthbass, on november 07, 2005

Sound: Rock/indie. The sound is good. Theya are not Great, but good. They have very repetitive pieces. But on the other hand, they have very hard and fast music. So this balances out. Still yet their music is so original. So they aren't a band who follows the way of easy crapped up rock. They are original. // 9

Lyrics: The lyrics are soft. They are fast and softly energenic. They are again not following the ways of crapped up rock. They are some of the most controlled lyrics. The singer has pretty good skills. // 9

Overall Impression: This def compares high to other albums. But not extremely high. They are a decent band with much potential. The most impressive from this album: Rip It Up, Dalston, Golden Touch, and Rock N Roll Lies. This album does have some repetitiveness. They also formed almost a new music twist. If it were stolen/lost I would think aabout buying it again. I probably would. But not absolutly. // 9

Comments