Rebel Meets Rebel review by Rebel Meets Rebel

• Released: May 2, 2006
Rebel Meets Rebel: Rebel Meets Rebel

The long awaited release of David Allan Coe, Dimebag Darrell, Vinnie Paul, And Rex Brown doing what they do best. If your a fan of country, metal or the blues, you will not be disappointed with this release. I went in looking for the new Trivium release because, well lets face it, there's not much really great metal albums being released as of late and I'm really starting to dig Trivium's sound. Anyway I walk by the new realeases thinking I may find it there and there it was. D.A.C. & CFH "Rebel Meets Rebel. Not sure if I would be happy with the CD I took a chance because I have always loved Pantera and I figured It was worth the $14 for them alone. I got out to the car, popped it in the CD player and from the first to last song I was tapping my foot and air picking the steering wheel. This is a briliant mix of country and metal, and that's coming from someone that doesnt care for country music. This has been talked about in interviews by the late great "Dimebag Darrell" many times. Finally released on Vinnie Paul's new record label "Big Vin Records." The Heavy guitars and Vins drums make you wish all was as it used to be and Pantera were still around. Dime's guitar playing never lets up even in the acoustic "Panfilo" and the bluesy "N.Y.C. Streets" with every heartfelt solo that all and any Dime fan loves.

The lyrics on every song are great with perhaps the exception of "Cowboys Do More Dope". I found these lyrics a bit rushed and juvenile. D.A.C. does a great job of belting out every word loud and clear in everry song with a country-blues style. This is at its best a "Throw your beer up in the air and sing along" dinking, rockin, shit kicking, head banging love it or leave it CD.

I can honestly not compare this album to any others because I don't think there is anything out there like it. "Rebel Meets Rebel" with its fiddle jammin along with Dimebags chuggin heavy metal ho-down riff and back up vocals make you wish there was a worldwide tour. "Get outta my life" is a great heavy tune with Hank III as back up with a great pre-chorus and a chorus that just rocks, botttom line. What I hate about this CD is that Dimebag is no longer around to share his love, soul, and talent with everyone and that this will never again be done. One time, One band, One CD. This is the closest I can get to promoting this CD. So do yourself a favor and get a copy (legaly) and enjoy every second of every track! R.I.P Dime.

WeR138
    Dorito wrote: I certainly didnt hear Dimebag this, Dimebag that while he was around.
    WHAT? Obviously you were not a fan before his death. You couldnt pick up a guitar magazine without either a lesson by dime, a mention from a friend of his or an ad with him in it before his death and now its just the same. If you dont know the words, dont sing the f#ckin song! Oh, and Spanky....there nothing rappy about "get outta my life"...thats a great tune!