Rebel Meets Rebel review by Rebel Meets Rebel

• Released: May 2, 2006
Rebel Meets Rebel: Rebel Meets Rebel

I don't really think that anyone who either loves country or metal could talk shit about this album. I don't think anyone could talk sh*t about this album based on its creative concept and that is a country-metal album. I love Dime and I've been listenin to D.A.C. (thanks to my grandpa) for years. Dime's pulverizing (and sometimes soft) guitar riffs and leads (which are as kickass as you'd expect them to be) mixed with Vinnie's thrashin, in your face drummin' and Rex's smoothly aggresive bass (and even bass leads) help bring this album together like that of a Pantera CD. Only one exception, you got counrty-outlaw/badass David Allen Coe doin the vocals. Let's also not forget the cool counrty fiddling done by Joey Floyd in Rebel Meets Rebel and the "old western style" piano played by Rex Mauney in 'Cowboys Do More Dope' these guys help create that good ol' southern country style.

The lyrics are great! D.A.C.'s voice is phenominal. He makes you feel as if your listenin to a country album.. from start to finish! Also you can here Dime doin back up vocals in the song Rebel Meets Rebel and a special guest appearance by Hank Williams III. The lyrics are great. The title track (my favorite track) speaks of what its like to a badass-gamblin-outlaw which I think is what everyone in this band is and will always be. There are other memorable songs like 'Cowboys Do More Dope' and 'No Compromise' that you'll be singin and drinkin whiskey to till you puke or pass out! N.Y.C. streets probably has the most interesting of lyrics considering they are all improvised and so is the main guitar riff.

I think that anyone who loves Pantera, Dimebag, metal, country, or just rock music will love this CD. If this were stolen I would beat the sh*t out of who took it then rip off there testicles through their ass. If I lost it I'd buy a new one the day I lost it. The thing I love most about this album is its originality. No one has come up with stuff like this and if they have I'd like to hear it and see if it stands up next to this. I love Dime and Pantera's been my favorite band since when I first got into high school. I've always said Dime is the best, before he died and to this day. If you want to do him any justice, listen to his music and listen to this. I think he's smilin down on us all for still lovin the music that he loved to make. R.I.P. brother.

poona
    I've heard Cowboys Do More Dope, I quite like it, the riffs are obviously Dime's brilliant work. I'm not a Pantera/Dimebag Darrell fan myself but this songs I've heard from this album so far are brilliant.