Spirit review by Reckless Love

• Released: Aug 30, 2013
Reckless Love: Spirit

The guys did a good job recording this album. It's a high-quality record. Everything kicks a-s. Jalle's bass is audible and he gets the job done perfectly, Hessa(drummer) plays with considerable power(especially on the tracks "Metal A-s" and "I Love Heavy Metal"), Pepe(guitarist) f--kin' rips, and Olli (singer) makes a great delivery. If there is something you can nag to, then it's only the fact that some of the songs sound a bit more modern than most of glam-metalheads would want to. My overall impression: This is an album, that contains a bit of everything good. Some of the songs are REALLY HEAVY, some are light, some are in-between. There's almost nothing that I hate about this album.

The lyrics are f-ggin' GREAT. Not only do you get party themes, but also you get stuff that you normally don't really expect from a glam metal band. For instance, it may NOT be obvious, but the songs "Runaway," "Sex Drugs and Reckless Love," and "The Edge of Our Dreams" are quite philosophic in nature. The track "Metal Ass" provides a few good chuckles, with it's lyric over a quite Judas Priest-esque riffing and drumming. The vocals on "Metal A-s" are quite Halford-esque too. The tracks "Night on Fire" and "I Love Heavy Metal" provide a great party theme, and a great start to your the listening experience. There is only one thing that I hate 'bout the lyrics. The song "Sex, Drugs and Reckless Love" kinda advertises drug abuse a little. But any sane being will understand that it's NOT meant as: "Go become a junkie!"

Despite that some glam metal bands are certainly better than Reckless Love, and some classic albums like "Out of the Cellar," "Shout at the Devil," "Under Lock and Key," "Girls, Girls, Girls" and "Theatre Of Pain" are better than Reckless Love's album "Spirit," this is fairly strong album. It's as good as (if not better than) "Dirty Rotten Filthy Stinking Rich" by Warrant, or "Look What the Cat Dragged In" and "Open Up and Say... Ahh!" by Poison. I'd say, that it even is almost on par with "Appetite for Destruction" by Guns N' Roses, due to the sheer deviant and challenge-giving sound and lyrics of some songs on the album. Just listen to the song "Die Hard," if you don't believe me. For me, the most impressive songs on this album are "Night on Fire," "I Love Heavy Metal," "Metal A-s" and "Die Hard." I like nearly everything about this album, except that some songs sound a bit too modern, but that's alright. I like this album, and if you're into glam metal - you'll like it too. If it was stolen - I'd try to find the person who stole it from me and have a nice, little "conversation." But if couldn't get it back, then I'd buy a new copy again.