End Of Silence [DVD] review by RED

• Released: Nov 13, 2007
  • Content: 10
  • Production Quality: 9
RED: End Of Silence [DVD]

The first disc of Red End of Silence Deluxe Edition is the same as the normal edition of End of Silence except that it includes a special acoustic version of Lost. This special track intros with a different orchestra instrumental than the original song, as well as an acoustic guitar. The extra track, while not a huge addition, is very well done and good to hear. But the main part of this deluxe edition is not the CD, although if you have never heard it before it will blow your mind with Red's Alternative Style of Metal, rich with instrumentals and loud guitars.

Content — 10
As previously mentioned the main part of this deluxe edition is the DVD, which is awesome. For starters in contains live performances of Wasting Time, Hide, Let Go, Already Over, Pieces, Break Me Down, and of course, Breathe Into Me. All were recorded live in Nashville, the bands hometown, and are all spot on. The live performances really show you how awesome the members of Red are. The live performances are just amazing, with the guitarists flipping their guitars on the straps, and the audience headbanging to the almost surreal performances of Red. The DVD also contains "Drops of Red" a behind the scenes documentary, a copy of the Breathe Into Me Music Video, a Photo Montage, and a long series of video blogs they took on the road. It's jam packed and every moment is awesome.

Production Quality — 9
The interface of the DVD is very easy to use and simple, but not lazy or poorly done. The live performances can be played in PCM Stereo, 5.1 Dolby Digital, or 5.1 DTS. While you scroll through the menus you'll hear instrumentals off the CD being played, but with no vocals. Overall very well done.

I know we're not supposed to write shining reviews, but this edition is just awesome. The Deluxe edition is around 2 bucks more that the CD, and for those 2 dollars you get live performances and a view into how Red rocks, onstage and offstage. There's nothing to hate about the deluxe edition, and if someone stole it I would immediately get another copy. Seriously, spend the extra 2 bucks, it's worth it.

GuitarFreak664
    This CD really is awesome. It's got a sick blend of the orchestral stuff in sonds like Let Go and still having some really distorted guitars. This is one album that I always keep in my car
    Dauntless
    my band played this song for a competition and got to talk to the band over the phone via the guitarists brother. he videotaped the band and let them watch it and when we went and saw them a month later at a show he called us out at the signing table and was like "Hey you guys covered our song!" it pretty much made my day
    Heafyman
    Red are awesome. Sure the guitar duo might not be the best ever heard, they have a sound which makes me think "This is what LP should have been doing." They came to New Zealand last week and I missed them. I was so gutted. But it's nice to know that these guys make good music.
    Findinghomer
    Great band! awesome album! time for new stuff, i hate when bands wait couple years, then re-release same album, thats cheating. LOL
    shadow3121
    no mention that they're christian? yeah, they're christian. but they rock hard anyhow. if theres one thing i think should have been done better is the name of the band. RED is so vauge sometimes people dont know that you're refering to a band and the name isn't that apealing. idk. seems lacking.
    Theman5
    This is a really great album, i'm surprised it doesn't have a higher user rating. (I rated this CD a 10)
    ZeroYuy
    This CD is awesome, and RED is possibly the best band I have ever seen live. If you ever have the chance to see them, don't think. Just do it. I promise you will never regret it.
    jobforacowbill
    This Cd is great i saw the video for already over on gospel music channel and i was hooked so i went and bought the album every song is awesome
    EvilAngel93
    I really love red, as a christian band and as a rock/metal band, as they are one of the few christian music groups that have talent. David Crowder Band and Third Day are some examples of groups that put barely any thought into their music, and I don't like them for that. However, I love Red because they are talented and their lyrics don't get repetitive or annoying, and they have extremely good guitar and vocals. The only thing that I do not like about them is the way they run their website. Its hard to find events or anything important because of the user system. Otherwise, AMAZING BAND! 9.9/10 =D
    Silverstein X
    I saw them when they came with three days grace, breaking benjamin, and seether. They were really good. so i bought this cd and i love it. i love the orchestra stuff in the background.
    whatiaminstead
    im honestly kinda surprise about them touring with those other bands...but i love all of them. well...not 3DG as MUCH, but i would have killed to see them all.
    rawker_dood93
    I totally freakin love RED. I just aquired their new CD, and i am always listenin to it. It is one of the ones that i know by memory, which includes all the Demon Hunter songs as well. They rock!