Innocence & Instinct review by RED

• Released: Feb 10, 2009
RED: Innocence &  Instinct

Red is a rock band that combines hard, deep rifts with peaceful piano and stringed instruments. Red has a sound unlike any other band. No matter what anyone says they are one of a kind with how they incorporate the violin, piano, vocals and guitars into their music. There first 2 songs have that Hard sound with the classic Red screams that many will enjoy. The next few songs are softer with great lyrics greats guitar riffs and even better orchestra sounds. The overall quality of the sound is great you can hear all of the little violin parts the little picking the piano all clearly. Overall this is a great sounding album.

The lyrics on this album sound great but personally they are harder to put together and find out what they are trying to get across in some songs. Other songs it's quiet obvious to what they are saying. And knowing that they are Christians the lyrics are very inspiring. Barne, the lead singer has a great voice. Overall the lyrics are good and are unlike many other bands.

Overall this album is very good. I bought the extended version of the disc and I highly suggest getting it over the regular version. The songs that stand out the most to me where Shadows, Mystery of You, and Forever (Bonus Track). But honestly there isn't one song on the CD that I disliked. The intro track is a little bit weird I really want to know what the meaning behind it is. But this is a great CD. If I lost or stole this CD I would buy it again for sure.

JRedDisciple
    It's a very good album, I'll say... Keeping to their hard stuff but putting in a good mixture of other sounds as well, great vocals too, amazing live New album in Feb 2011!!
    chickrawker
    the intro tracks are always weird. on their original it was them and their producer talking about something....
    ewall09
    RED is a great band and can't wait to check out their new album. End of Silence was epic.
    runningblind20
    personally i enjoy this album more than the first. some of their songs sounded either too similar, or too Linkin Park-ish to me from End of Silence... and i got tired of Already Over verrry quickly. Let Go and Lost were my faves on there, and they are both very ambient, and very metal, so this album fits my tastes. 'Shadows' is an incredible song, the opening riff reminds me very much of Korn's 'Here To Stay', and 'Out From Under' has the best ending ever... overall, i liked this album much more than the first, it only has one song on it i dont care for which is Death of Me. if you're looking for the more ambient, orchestral sounds, buy the deluxe version at Best Buy or Mardel, the bonus tracks are that way.
    Metallica4546
    Decapped wrote: "Shadows" is an absolutely killer song. It shoulda been picked as a single over the "Fight Inside" IMO. Plus it's co-written by Ben Burnley.
    +1 i think that was the first song i heard off the album and i fell in love with it I'd say this is a good album, i pre-ordered it and love it. Although imo i feel their heavier songs are balanced out by the slower songs like, Never Be the Same and Take It All Away