What We Are Contained In, Is What We Are Worth review by Red Enemy

• Released: Oct 10, 2011
Red Enemy: What We Are Contained In, Is What We Are Worth

An aggressive, defined and dare I say, beautiful sonic assault which moves along very quickly, its over in a mere fifteen minutes, entertains the entire way and leaves you thinking how can I get more of this. It opens with a foot stomper, head banging monster of a riff and that trend continues throughout, complex and technical they weave around breakdowns and groove laden body movers, complimented by imaginative drumwork and solid bass lines, the music is aggressive, quick and very cool. Although at times I wanted certain sections to go on longer, the fact they didn't kept the songs moving and fresh as riffs and breaks never seem to repeat themselves, the songs are short though, and that is one of the things that I didn't like.

Vocally it's a hugely solid, very angry performance. You'll find no falsetto operatic singing here, gritty, raw and big is what's on order here. The hardcore style suits the music and the two compliment each other nicely. My major issue is the EPs length, fifteen minutes is just too short.

Stormer... say it with me, stormer. That's the most accurate description that I can think of when talking about this fantastic CD. Red Enemy have always been a stalwart in the Irish Metal scene since their arrival and have accumulated a legion of fans now here and abroad and this album is a prime example of why. Overall here is a great effort from a seriously good band, if you get the chance to see them live do, it's an... energetic show. "What We Are Contained In, Is What We Are Worth" is available to buy from their BigCartel and on iTunes. Buy it!

colm c
    Ireland has a fairly big metal scene, I didnt tag the genre here either, they're a lot more varied than other metalcore bands.