Murder the Mountains review by Red Fang

• Released: Apr 12, 2011
Red Fang: Murder the Mountains

After seeing this band on the line up for this years Rock Star Mayhem Fest after hearing their first album I liked their sound so I picked up this album the day it was released. From front to back this was a very interesting CD from the opening track "Malverde" is a heavy sludgy song followed by the first single "Wires" one of my favorites an almost haunting tune that would go well on any radio station other highlights include "Dirt Wizard" as well as "Into The Eye" and the catchy "Number 13" and its rounded out by the track slower track "The Undertow". The style of the CD was somewhere between a psychedelic hard rock sludge metal as well as a stoner metal it is an odd combination that really worked well together it is defiantly something different in a market flooded with generic metal and scream o it is a refreshing change and makes me look forward to music again. I would put my name on the line and recommend this album to any fan of good music.

The lyrics in this album were very odd most likely teeming with hidden messages and some were almost cryptic. The lyrics go vary well with the music. Both singers were vary skilled and the way they sound together sounds cool and gives the music even more verity.

This band is very different from anything I've herd so it is hard to compare it to anything else. Some of my favorite songs off the album were "Malverde", "Dirt Wizard", "Number Thirteen" and "Wires". I loved the whole album and based off of this will hit any of their shows close to me as well as buy their next album as well.

Blew1
    Ditto to both comments and the great review! Red Fang are great, I also saw them live with Mastodon at Manchester a few months ago now. VERY good performance and a cracking set!
    deadlydictator
    woah there dude, use some grammar skill you learned in gradeschool before rambling nonsense. anyway, good band. they were kick ass live when i saw them with Mastodon.