Red Fang review by Red Fang

• Released: Mar 10, 2009
Red Fang: Red Fang

After hearing about Metal Swim while watching Adult Swim I decided I'd download it because I was lacking in metal on my computer. So I went to the website and downloaded it. Then upon listening to "Hank Is Dead" by a band I hadn't heard of at the time called "Red Fang" I was blown away by the guitar playing and the singing. So I decided to listen to more of them and I became a big fan of em REALLY fast. I have both of their albums and I can't wait til they bring out another one. The album starts off with the catchy "Prehistoric Dog" and ends with "Witness" everything in between is just awesome. Its a bit of a mix between Heavy Metal/Hard Rock and Stoner Metal. Which go together very well. And their music videos are AWESOME! Especially the video for "Prehistoric Dog". They are wearing suits of armor made of beer cans and are fighting (for lack of a better word) nerds in the woods that are dressed as wizards.

The lyrics are well written. And the lyrics match the music perfectly. Both singers singing go together really well. Their singing is like a match mad in heaven (or hell since its metal haha). I haven't heard singing like theirs ever. This album and their other one are like the missing pieces in my music collection.

Overall this is a phenomenal album filled with great songs. Some songs that really stick out to me are "Prehistoric Dog", "Good To Die", "Wings Of Fang", and "Night Destroyer". I really love that there are bands out there like this that go against the norm for music today. We need A LOT more bands like this so be can have good music again and not crap like we've had for god knows how long... What I hated was that it wasn't long enough haha. I haven't found anything I don't like about this band at all. If I lost this album or "Murder The Mountains" I would be devastated, and immediately scramble to find another copy of it. I'm gonna try to get to every show of theirs around here that I can get to. I can't wait 'til they bring out their next album. And I expect great things from this band.

Brandon1993
    God this review is awful...didn't really even take time out to think about this hahaha ._.