Blood Sugar Sex Magik review by Red Hot Chili Peppers

• Released: Sep 24, 1991
Red Hot Chili Peppers: Blood Sugar Sex Magik

If you want funk, soft and heavy rock in the same album, then this is your best bet. This is the record that really put the Chili's on the map (or a cd catalog). Kiedis's lyrics with Flea's godly bass riffs backing him up, along with Fruciante's awesome guitar playing and the badass pounding of Chad Smith make this album a definate must have.

I think that Anothony Kiedis is a genius. He is able to make awesome lyrics out of anything. On "Give It Away" he talks about sharing feelings with everyone around you and yourself. "Power Of Equality" also stands out with its lyrics about discrimination and how we need to be me united. All these lyrics blend in to the instrumentalists perfectly.

I'd say that this is the best Chili album ever. I love the funky style of the old Chili Peppers and this is where my first songs as a kid came from. I'd say that "Under The Bridge" and "Suck My Kiss" are the best on this album, but I'm also a hardcore Chili Peppers fan so I love all their songs. It is definately worth the buy and if it were stolen or lost, I wouldn't waste a minute and run straight to the music store to buy it again.