Blood Sugar Sex Magik review by Red Hot Chili Peppers

• Released: Sep 24, 1991
Red Hot Chili Peppers: Blood Sugar Sex Magik

The Chilis are a completely unique band. Their perfect mixture of funk and rock makes them one of the best bands in the world. As much as I love the albums with Hillel (Fight Like A Barve is one of my favourite songs) and the first album with Frusciante I think that when they recorded Blood Sugar new guys John and Chad gelled really well with Flea's fantastic bass and Anthony's great lyrics. This album is one of the funkiest collection of songs I have ever heard as well as rocking me to the core of my soul, also the slower mellower songs like under the bridge and I could have lied really slow it down and show off another side of John's Awesome guitar playing.

Anthony is one of the most underated vocalists in the world. Having started off basically as a rapper by the time the chili's recorded this album he had made himself into a great singer. The words fit the music perfectly. Anthony wrote some really great songs for this album there's some good political stuff like in the power of equality and the righteous and the wicked that gets the message across without being preachy.

This is in my opinion the Chilis best album. My favourite songs are Funky Monks, Under The Bridge, Mellowship Slinky In B Major and Suck My Kiss because I think that each of these songs is a brilliant example of a different aspect of the Chili's greatness. I love everything about this album, Anthony's lyrics kick ass John's guitarwork shows the world just how talented he is Chad is a metronome on speed and Flea is the best bassist in the world. Period.