Blood Sugar Sex Magik review by Red Hot Chili Peppers

• Released: Sep 24, 1991
Red Hot Chili Peppers: Blood Sugar Sex Magik

First of all I'd like to say that I love the Red Hot Chili Peppers. I love their personalities, their abilities as musicians and most of all their music and this album captures all of these at the bands best. This album is essential for lovers of funk music. Frucientie and Flea work excellently together on all of the tracks on this album but especially well on Mellowship slinky in B major and the title song Blood Sugar Sex Magik. The overall sound of this album is excellent. I am 15 years old and I play bass guitar so I don't think that I can fully apreciate the quality of the sound as I was quite young when it was released, but I think anyone who listens to this album will agree that it is awesome!

Many of the lyrics of the song have somthing to say about nothing but are fun anyway. they tie in with the music excellently and I believe that Anthony Keidis is one of the great vocal tallents in the world at the moment. He will later prove his skills in the album californication, which I think is the best chili's album lyrically.

As I have said I love the Chili Peppers I think that they are one of the best bands ever. If you like this album, I think you should buy the albums: Freaky Styley and The Red Hot Chili Peppers. I used to think that californicaton was a better album, but I was so wrong. Although californication is probably the second best Chili peppers album, everyobne who has heard the Funkyness of this album will agree that is is better. The Chili's are releasing a new album quite soon and I cant wait. I hope they get back to their Funky roots and maybe it will be better than this album? Who Knows? I would not trade this album for any other album in the world. How could I?