Blood Sugar Sex Magik review by Red Hot Chili Peppers

• Released: Sep 24, 1991
Red Hot Chili Peppers: Blood Sugar Sex Magik

This album is top notch. I love the transitions from song to song, how they just all flow together, its just perfect. I would describe this music as funk and rock mixed, and its a perfect medley of styles. John Frusciante joined RHCP when he auditioned for them, and he changed the music. When he joined it became less raw, but more listenable, but the Red Hot Chili Peppers have always surprised with their music. The album was written and recorded in a mansion that the band beleived was haunted, but you can't head it in the music. Blood Sugar Sex Magik really made funk a really cool style, and made it cool to listen to, but they added so much more into the album, like in Sir Psycho Sexy, wah-wah on the bass (I think) and major and minor parts and in the other songs, they're all pretty long (over 4 minutes). Incredible!

Well, RHCP is obsessed with sex and love and a lot of other things like that, but that doesn't mean the lyrics are bad. They go perfectly with the music, full of lust and cheekiness and coolness. They're also pretty funky when it comes to songs like Funky Monks, Mellowship Slinky in B Major and Sir Psycho Sexy. Anthony Kiedis is amazing on this album, it's really his break through, his voice gets so much better. This band really has a headstrong beat and its getsd you tapping your feet when the singing comes in. The singing on Under the Bridge is over the top amazing.

This albums doesn't compare with other artists. It is so good that u just CAN'T compare it. It has such varied music it's not like any other band. I am most impressed with Under the Bridge (isn't everybody), Sir Psycho Sexy, I Could've Lied, and really everything else, as it's just so incredibly funky, and kinda reckless. I am in love with the guitar and bass work, on John Friciante and Flea's behalf, they work so well together and with Chad Smith drumming his butt off. The only thing I would change is to take off Naked in the Rain. I've never liked the song. It just doesn't go with the rest of the album, but every other song makes up for it. If this cd got lost, I'd go to the store right away and buy it and another Chili Peppers album while I'm there, they're just too good. Get the CD, it's worth a 10 dollar bill, I'm telling you. If you don't like RCHP, get this album, if like them, get this album, if your don't know them, get this album. That's all I have to say.

01chardw
    this really is one of the most phenonomal albums ever to be recorded. Lets just wait to Stadium Arcadium...