By The Way review by Red Hot Chili Peppers

• Released: Jul 9, 2002
Red Hot Chili Peppers: By The Way

I really like most of the songs on this album. Cabron, Tear, and Warm tape aren't that good though. I always skip them. They sound like a whole differnt type of music, which isn't good. However, the rest of the songs, such as This Is The Place and Can't Stop boost the score back up. Flea is awesome! I wish my bass player could play like that.

I really like the way Anthony sings. It sounds so cool. However, sometimes he is a little hard to understand. And the lyrics, though sometimes sound confusing, have messages in them. I've heard that Scar Tissue (Californication), is about one of the members getting over a drug addiction (I could be wrong).

I give this band a 8 out of 10. So far, I haven't met anyone who hasn't heard of them, even if they don't like them. They are really popular, and boosted their popularity with their release of their new album (stadium arcadium). The only major thing I hate is that their songs are hard to play on a guitar. If I lost it I would definately buy it again.

kidmayhem
    this album ROCKSS but stadium arcadiums mch better (dnt get me wrong this album ROCKS ASS !)
    hammetfan86
    Lyrics: Some might say that Anthony Kiedis has evolved in his lyrical skill. On one hand, his writing is nowhere near as random as on older albums, and he actually sings, instead of the early 90'half rap. I think there are occasionally times when he doesn't quite match the music, however. Throw Away Your Television, though one of the more fast paced, bass intensive songs, still lacks the energy they used to have. It would have sounded better with just a shade more intensity from everyone involved (except Flea). // 8
    oh, ok, so your saying the rhcp should only be a one trick pony, where everyone would just get sick of them after like 2 or 3 albums like...oh ya... the BEASTIE BOYS or um...iunno disturbed, no oh wait, they changed, because they have the talent to do more than just funk/rap. they did what metallica did, and everyone puts them down too, rchp is STILL one of the best bands in all the world.