By The Way review by Red Hot Chili Peppers

• Released: Jul 9, 2002
Red Hot Chili Peppers: By The Way

Chrisp, clear, and beutifly put together. The music ran smoothly from cord to cord. A few very Funky songs including "Cabron" and "On Murcury" where Flea realy shows his skills. My favorite the song "Midnight" had a soft sound that melded together with fast parts giving it a stop, go, relax kind of beat. Everything was perfect sound wise and its a great album to chill with.

The lyrics were brilliant. "Midnight" just blew me away with a almost medative kind of feeling and it has a different meaning for every state of mind. "Universally Speaking" I found very funny for some reason with the line "Universally speaking. I win in the long run." And "On Murcury" gave me something to attempt to figure out for hours and I've still not got it. If you sit and try to figure out the lyrics meanings its almost impossible and thats why I love it.

This CD is one of my prized possesions. Awesome sound and gorgeous lyrics. This ones on the helf between Stadium Arcadium and Californication. And the greatness doesn't stop at the music the CD case art is very cool. This IS one of the best albums in the alternitive rock library. So "Take the noose off your ambition." and if you havn't heard this album do it ASAP. It'll make your day, week, and year.

wangmaster
    dude, Ive been renaissance-ing this album, I listen to it every other day, its better than sex.
    skinnbones3440
    a few years ago this was my favorite CD. i liked and knew every song on the CD. on mercury, minor thing, and throw away your television were genius in my opinion.
    con job
    whit_94
    con job wrote: this album sucks.but its WAYYYYY better than Stadium Arcadium.that says somethin.....
    mate, you need musical re-educating. this is the best album ever!