By The Way review by Red Hot Chili Peppers

• Released: Jul 9, 2002
Red Hot Chili Peppers: By The Way

The album opens with the stunning single By The Way setting the mood for the album itself. This vibrance that we feel in By The Way continues throughout the album. Josh Klinghoffer brings the real soul to this album with hypnotic songs on the guitar such as dosed. But this is further added to by Anthony's voice. His sound is incredible, the tone of his singing is perfect. The Red Hot Chili Peppers have such a unique sound, and this is conveyed perfectly in this album, songs ranging from the quiet likes of Dosed to the more upbeat songs such as Minor thing.

The Red Hot Chili Peppers have a great skill when it comes to their lyrics, they can produce lyrics that touch you and that are easy to relate to. But unfortunately this is not conveyed in the album By The Way. I think that the lyrics are the only fault I can find in the album, their sound and music are perfect. But their lyrics feel like they clash, almost rushed when created. The singer has an incredible skill in his singing, but even through this it is unfortunate that some of the lyrics do not go with his voice in some of the songs. I especailly feel that the lyrics in Throw Away Your Television let the album down, they are very repetitive.

This album is a shining album, probably the best that the Red Hot Chili's ever created. Their unique sound is perfectly conveyed in the album, although slightly let down by some of the lyrics. There is so much emotion and passion that drives through this album, songs like I Could Die For You really show the world what this incredible band can produce. There are many albums which are hard to listen to right through, but this is not the case with this ablum. This album could be listened to over and over, there is so much variation in the album between each track. Every track is so individual and so unlike the next one, and this is why I love them, there is a song for whatever mood your in all in just one album. This album sets the bar at an extremely high level for albums everywhere.