Californication review by Red Hot Chili Peppers

• Released: Jun 8, 1999
Red Hot Chili Peppers: Californication

I enjoy if not all, most of the Red Hot Chili Pepper's work. It can be a mixture of rock and funk creating the perfect sound. The sound quality of the album is loud, clear and effective. Each song has its own defying sound. Overall the sound of the album is good.

There are many debates about what the lyrics to the single Californication are about. But no matter what people think they are about, they remain outstanding lyrics. The lyrics are sung clearly, for many to pick up so they are able to sing along with their favourites. Anthony Kiedis sings the songs in the perfect tone, finishing the piece with the outstanding music played by Flea, John and Chad.

It has been voted as the best Red Hot Chili Pepper album. I disagree with this, but believe it is a great album. One of the well-known songs from Californication (apart from the single Californication) is Scar Tissue. It's simple guitar solos and drum beat make it enjoyable for many. Around The World is also liked by most, but mainly by the bassists in this world. The bass line is both simple to start with and amazing, eventually getting quicker and more trickier. Also another popular song on the album is Otherside. This slow and simple song is liked by many for its simple riff and solo, also being easy to sing along to. There is nothing I hate about this song, but there is much to love about it. There is a good variety of songs, all unique and great tunes. If I did lose it I would have to buy it again, as it is an amazing album which is loved by millions. I would recommend any good music fan to buy this album.