Californication review by Red Hot Chili Peppers

• Released: Jun 8, 1999
Red Hot Chili Peppers: Californication

The band is a little funky but wiht an ounce of rock. The bass is one of the best besides Les Claypool, Flea(Bassist) really slaps that bass till the floor shakes in your room. Well teh band has had a huge history with the drug heroine and they write a lot of their songs along that topic. In this slbum the lead singer (Anthony Kiedis) uses slot of style's to his singing. Some songs are more melow and other are so funk/rock that you just want ot jump around and Flea helps a lot on those songs. If you really like RHCP and you've just started listening to them get the book "Scar Tissue" by Anthony Kiedis (his biography) this CD and read and listen.

The lyrics are of Kiedis's life and are sometimes deep but some are just plan funny. Th lyrics go along wiht the music perfectly and more. When Flea slaps that bass you just want to jump and then Anthony sings and it fits, the guitar fits in and makes it more harmonic than the drums add more bass and rythm and there's a perfect song for you. The singer has a few skills that are rare but no singer can copy he just has a sound that is a warm tone.

This album has no compitition or comparison to any other artists, they are one in a million band that will never stop playing their hearts out. The most impressive songs from the album are "Around The World", "Get On Top", "Scar Tissue", "californication", "Parellel Universe", "Otherside", and "I Like Dirt". I love this whole album and I hate nothing about it. if anything happened to this CD and do anything to get it back or to get a new one.

KenMasters
    Really good album. the band's second best after Blood Sugar. Easily has the most melodic and the the most emotional ending part-solo i have ever heard. when the disc came out, i used to listen to it 5 times a day. and i was only 11.
    Clutch32192
    Favorite chili album, for some reason they clicked back together perfectly after their break...Dream OF Californication
    Bunyip
    jiminizzle wrote: very powerful what a comeback from the drug years greatness
    con job wrote: best thing since they got off the drugs.....forgive me but i think thats what made their music. wait anthony was back on drugs durin this album...
    who cares..... the musicians who wrote most of the music you listen too are/ were / have been on drugs lol
    Clutch32192
    THis is my favorite album of all time, You can almost feel California from this album...and i live in georgia, there comeback post drug/navarro years they really joined perfectly, Chilis ROCK
    meleadyoufollow
    Ugene wrote: best thing since they got off the drugs.....forgive me but i think thats what made their music. wait anthony was back on drugs durin this album... I really like ur tastes man. I dont like this album, but u seem to like the same stuff. He should take more drugs, and John should go slit his wrists. CALIFORNICATION SUCKS, except for Scar Tissue, Velvet Glove, Saviour and Purple Stain, so Suck my balls
    I like how you say it sucks, then name songs you like. Whether you like the album or not, there is no call for saying Anthony should do drugs. Addiction is a serious disease, and no one should have to live like that. He should be clean, and sober, and happy. John slitting his wrists? wtf? are you stupid? john is a phenomenal guitarist with alot of beautiful work on this album. Whether they're john fans or not, any REAL RHCP fan would Never wish drugs on Anthony. Read his book, idiot.