Californication review by Red Hot Chili Peppers

• Released: Jun 8, 1999
Red Hot Chili Peppers: Californication

This was the first Red Hot Chili Peppers album I have listened to. It is a great album. The sound of the album is great. All the individuality of the songs is outstanding. John Fruciante did not use a lot of distortion or pedals in many of the songs in Californication. Songs like Californiacation and Around the World John used a clean guitar. Flea's bass riffs were also outstanding and still are as great as the older stuff.

The lyrics in the album were pretty good. They were well writen and it was obvious that Anthony Kiedis (the lead singer) took time to write the songs. Anthony will always be a great singer in my book. His singing style is so cool and diverse. There is no one like him.

This Red Hot Chili Peppers album is not like any I've listened to (Blood Sugar Sex Majik, Stadium Arcadium, Mother's Milk), and it is my favorite album by them so far. The most impressive songs from the album are Around the World, Flea's bass riffs and intros are amazing and get you hooked to the song, Californiacation, Anthony's lyrics are great and are very catchy, and Parallel Universe, the fast guitar and bass make it a pumped up song. I love how in all the songs flow and all the intruments go together, something that all bands cannot accomplish. I hate how the begginning of the album is the best because by the end it just gets out of control. I would definetly buy this album again if it is stolen or lost. I would totally reccomend this.