Greatest Hits review by Red Hot Chili Peppers

• Released: Nov 18, 2003
Red Hot Chili Peppers: Greatest Hits

We all know how the Chilli Pepers found they are agruably the best and most popular band on earth at the moment and afetr 20 years its about time they brought out a greatest hit album. The best thing about this album is the that you get the in your face songs of the early Chilli peppers Give It away, Suck My Kiss, Higher Ground and the more mellow songs of todays Red Hot Chilli Peppers Scar Tissue, Universally Speaking, Fortune Faded and of course their most popular song Under The Bridge which is the song that really got them into the main stream.

The lyrics are as always very good. Of course the pick of the bunch lyically has the be Under The Bridge this song retrives a faint, tattered glamour from the soul-rotting realities of drug addiction some of you may know that British girl pop group All Saints did a awful cover of this song Kiedis the chilli's vocalist later remarked 'It was comical, they were so pretty and clean, big smiles on their faces, it looked like they didn't knoe what they were singing about' which more than likly they didn't. Other lyically good songs are Californication the lyrics this song;s lyrics are laced with paranoia as 'Psychic spies form China/Try to steal your minds elation' which of course they will if your not careful! But their is also some good upbeat lyrics for example in Higher Ground 'Next thing I know/I left the pope with a sin'.

This is the best greatest hits album I've heard since Nirvana brought Theis out its excellent. Most impresive songs on the album are Under The Bridge, Scar Tissue, Higher Ground and look out for the new song Save The Population its great.The mix of the of retro and new Chilli Peppers stuff is what I love most about this album. This album is diffently one to add to your collection.