Greatest Hits review by Red Hot Chili Peppers

• Released: Nov 18, 2003
Red Hot Chili Peppers: Greatest Hits

My story is similar to one of the ones above. I was at a friends house, and he had "Under The Bridge" playing. At the time, I had never heard the song, and didnt know who sung it. Asked him what band it was and he told me. After I heard, I could point out at least 10-15 songs I had heard in the last week or so. That brings me to one great point of this album, and of the band as a whole. The music is so unique, the second you hear something by them, you immediately know who it is simply because of the style. Any band that can do that has a unique enough sound to do that would have to one in a million, and this just happens to be that one.

First of all, everyone knows that their lyrics tend to not make sense, but in my opinion, it doesnt have to make a story to be a good song, the lyrics just have to work together, and they do fine with the majority of all the rhcp songs. One of the definite highlights is "Under The Bridge". This is one of the few songs that actually tells a story. Anthony Kiedis' singing skills are good, but are mixed during live performances.

This really doesn't compare to any artists since its a very unique style of music that is pretty much known only to them. The song highlights are "Californication", "Suck My Kiss", "By The Way", "Under The Bridge", "Fortune Faded", "Higher Ground", "Give It Away". All the songs are excellent choices for a greatest hits album, and while half the album may be a little much for listing the song highlights, I'm just split because the album is so good. If it was lost/stolen I would definitely buy it again without another thought.