Greatest Hits And Videos [DVD] review by Red Hot Chili Peppers

• Released: Nov 18, 2003
  • Content: 10
  • Production Quality: 8
Red Hot Chili Peppers: Greatest Hits And Videos [DVD]

The sound is very tipical of the Red Hot Chili Peppers and being a Greatest Hits DVD you will be very familliar with all the songs since they have all been releast by them. All the videos and songs have been transcribed beautifully on to a DVD disc and the songs can even sound better then on the CD with a bounus visual aid.

Content — 10
The DVD features videos from Blood Suger Sex Magik, one hot minute, Californication and By The Way, with two bounus songs, Higher Ground and Soul To Squeeze. Each song comes with band and directers commentary and certain songs contain behind the scenes features, witch show you every thing that happened on the day of shooting and how the directers got the ideas for the videos themselves. The extra features also contain a the making of the video for By The Way witch is about 15 minutes long and a special 1 hour long behind the scenes look at the Chilis on tour.

Production Quality — 8
The DVD was made by simply made by splicing all their videos and some others special features and is no great struggle to make an amazing piece of viewing but instead a collecters piece for all chilis fans and I thhink it turned out as well asthey wanted it to be.

I am a big fan of the Chilis and being a player of many of their songs it provided a great visual aid for my playing as well as being a very enjoyable DVD. If it were stolen I would without any pause go out and buy it again. You will find yourself going back and watching it again and again and I would recommend getting it to anyone that asked me.