Greatest Hits And Videos [DVD] Review

artist: Red Hot Chili Peppers date: 01/26/2006 category: compact discs
Red Hot Chili Peppers: Greatest Hits And Videos [DVD]
Released: November 18, 2003
Greatest hits release for the rap-rock/funk-metal act features 16 tracks including 14 favorites & 2 brand new tracks, 'Fortune Faded' & 'Save The Population'. Includes DVD featuring 16 videos plus band commentary on each video. Double gatefold digipak.
 Content: 9.7
 Production Quality: 8.3
Greatest Hits And Videos [DVD] Reviewed by: McEvoy, on april 16, 2005

Sound: The sound is very tipical of the Red Hot Chili Peppers and being a Greatest Hits DVD you will be very familliar with all the songs since they have all been releast by them. All the videos and songs have been transcribed beautifully on to a DVD disc and the songs can even sound better then on the CD with a bounus visual aid. // 10

Overall Impression: I am a big fan of the Chilis and being a player of many of their songs it provided a great visual aid for my playing as well as being a very enjoyable DVD. If it were stolen I would without any pause go out and buy it again. You will find yourself going back and watching it again and again and I would recommend getting it to anyone that asked me. // 10

Greatest Hits And Videos [DVD] Reviewed by: UtBDan, on september 28, 2005

Sound: Greatest Hits is not the best display of RHCP's sound, but it is the display with the, well, greatest songs on it. You probably know whats on the CD: all the top songs (not necessarily their best, 2 or 3 songs should've been taken off in exchange for Can't Stop & Aeroplane) from the Warner Bros. era (and Higher Ground) and then 2 new songs that have never been heard before. That's the CD. The DVD, however, is an even better display of songs. It has ever music video they've done since 1992 except for the 2nd My Friends video (nowadays a yahoo music exclusive) and the Coffee Shop video (which never got any sort of airtime). The sound is clear (its a DVD), the display is clear (just like most DVDs). A worthy purchase. // 10

Overall Impression: It includes the Greatest Hits CD, that was my main problem with it. Why is this a problem? It runs up the cost $10 more than it should. Basically, it comes down to, is it worth buying a 2nd copy of Greatest Hits for? For me, it was. For you, it may not be. RHCP is my favorite band. However, if you don't own Greatest Hits, the DVD/CD combo by itself is a very worthwhile and extremely good purchase. A point lost due to the errors listed in production, but still: a great purchase. // 8

Greatest Hits And Videos [DVD] Reviewed by: PJamMan6, on january 26, 2006

Sound: This DVD is all clips taken from the chilis albums, so this does compare well with the other chili peppers songs because they are the other chili pepper songs if you get me. It doesn't have all the songs in their greatest hits, but it includes their greatest videos but, there are still 16 clips on the DVD and the unreleased tracks / the songs without clips have been replaced with other great songs from the peppers. All the pepper's clips on the DVD are very well known even though not many of them are actually shown much on Australian video clip shows. Great clips by the boys and I think the latest Aussie ad for Linx deodorant (something to do with a jet) is a complete rip off of the Chili's "Aeroplane" clip where all the air hostesses are seductive and sexy. // 10

Overall Impression: Overall, this is a great DVD which anyone should buy if you haven't seen many chili peppers clips because the chance of seeing them on any Aussie video show. If anything did happen to this DVD I would go and find it and pay whatever price because it is worth every cent of the price. A great DVD of all the videos the chilis have done and a must have for any chili pepper fan. // 10