Live At Slane Castle [DVD] review by Red Hot Chili Peppers

• Released: Nov 18, 2003
  • Content: 10
  • Production Quality: 10
Red Hot Chili Peppers: Live At Slane Castle [DVD]

I always loved RHCP, so I got this DVD as soon as I could. It has many of thier best songs, including a fex new ones. It is an amazing DVD. It was filmed at Slane Castle, Ireland in front of 80, 000 screaming fans.

Content — 10
The DVD is, of course, a live concert. It had songs from Californication, By The Way, Blood Sugar Sex Majik, and even a Ramones cover. Flea had the most amazing bass solo I've ever heard between Scar Tissue and All Around The World. The DVD starts off with an awesome solo by John, and goes in to By the Way right after that. Anthony's singing is right on, Flea's bass playing is amazing as usual, John's solos are more challenging, and Chads drumming is great. Flea even brings out his trumpet.

Production Quality — 10
The production quality is perfect. It has great sound and image. They even use a couple matrix style tricks. It's wierd, I could only see two 6 foot stacks of amps, but they were louder than eighty thousand screaming Irish people.

This is better than other DVDs I have seen. The most impressive thing is the amount of people, and Flea's solo. I love all the songs and I love Anthony's voice, but I hate the covers. If it were stolen, I'd curl up in a blanket and suck my thumb, and then grab a gun and go look for it.