Live At Slane Castle [DVD] review by Red Hot Chili Peppers

• Released: Nov 18, 2003
  • Content: 6
  • Production Quality: 8
Red Hot Chili Peppers: Live At Slane Castle [DVD]

We all know and love the Chilis and to give their sound less than 5 would be a crime. I'm not a close-minded person, but the Chilis are just excellent musicians. The only element that ever is a little iffy about Chilis is Anthony's singing - sometimes he is just seems to be shouting, but here they are spot on. They play all their best songs, although not much old stuff, or they would be playing into the next morning! Flea and Frusciante are as great as ever.

Content — 6
Not much in the way of extras on this, just the music with alternate background. But c'mon, who really cares. People shouldn't be to bothered about the lack of extras. It is about the music after aall.

Production Quality — 8
There are some neat tricks when the DVD starts. The camera moves really fast from one side of the stage to the other when one of them jumps. It looks like bullet-time from the Matrix, and is great. However, I think they blew their budget or something because they don't do it again after the first song.

Overall a good music DVD. Buy it for the music and you'll love it. The menu takes ages to go through it's intro, but it is good. If it was stolen and I had the money I would buy it again.