Live At Slane Castle [DVD] review by Red Hot Chili Peppers

• Released: Nov 18, 2003
  • Content: 10
  • Production Quality: 8
Red Hot Chili Peppers: Live At Slane Castle [DVD]

This is probably the best RHCP DVD there is out there. Their performance is phenomenal, this is probably also their best live show I've ever seen them play. It was recorded at Slane Castle, County Meath in Ireland on 23rd August 2003, so most of the songs are from the 'By The Way' Album than anything else. It lasts around 100 mins.

Content — 10
The DVD contains the concert and the 6 animated stage backgrounds of the concert, with the music playing to it. The set list is brilliant, as they didn't just stick to playing singles and has most of my favourite RHCP songs on it. They played songs from Blood Sugar Sex Magik, Californication, By The Way and they included a few other songs as interludes between songs and John performed a few short solo songs.

Production Quality — 8
There wasn't too much editing to do with the DVD on this, but it doesn't matter because the performance was so good. In the actual concert, the background projections are quite good and because the concert was so huge (80,000 people were there) there was a fireworks display at the end.

This is by far the best RHCP DVD there is out there, and this is the best performance I've seen the Chili Peppers do live. There is hardly any extra features on this DVD, but it doesn't matter that much because the performance is so good. I would definitely buy this again if it were stolen or lost, although it's kinda hard to find where I live.

Eamon Fethers
    Does ne1 know wat the song was that john sung by himself, i think it was after scar tissue, ne way i'd luv 2 know wat it was coz it was wiked!!!
    drtudor
    the songs called 'maybe'. not sure who its origonally by. it's after 'around the world'.
    RHtonyflowCP
    Brilliant DVD, I know I'm a tad late at commenting, but I was bored so i thought about commenting such a legendary DVD
    Ataxia
    [quote=druz15_UG]The DVD is a live concert as stated in the title, and they play 16 of their most well known tracks as well as 2 punk covers (Right On Time by The Clash and Havana Affair by The Ramones). Somehow they manage to convert these punk songs into their own style, which is great[/quote] Eh, probably because Right On Time is a Red Hot Chili Pepper song. You'll find it on Californication.