Live At Slane Castle [DVD] review by Red Hot Chili Peppers

• Released: Nov 18, 2003
  • Content: 9
  • Production Quality: 9
Red Hot Chili Peppers: Live At Slane Castle [DVD]

I think the sound was great and covered most of my favorite songs. Red Hot Chili Peppers are known for their live jams and these are the best ones they have ever done, the intro is great and By The Way leads perfectly into Scar Tissue. John Frusciante's solos are amazing as always. It is in Ireland at Slane Castle with an audience of 80,000 people. Each member except Anthony also does a solo by them selves between songs sometimes. Flea does an indian style bass part, a few songs later John sings and plays "Maybe" then Chad Smith does a solo accompanied by Flea's Trumpet. THis is a must buy as you can feel the energy that they played with that show!

Content — 9
Here is what they played that show in order: 01. By The Way 02. Scar Tissue 03. Around The World 04. Universally Speaking 05. Parallel Universe 06. Zephyr Song 07. Throw Away Your Television 08. Havana Affair 09. Otherside 10. Purple Stain 11. Don't Forget Me 12. Right On Time 13. Can't Stop 14. Venice Queen 15. Give It Away 16. Californication 17. Under The Bridge 18. Power Of Equality Some of these songs were better than the recorded versions themselves such as Don't Forget Me, that has a great solo to it. The Songs were from Blood Sugar Sex Magik album to By The WAy. A bit of a gutter that Soul To Squeeze was left out. Venice Queen was an amazing performance where Frusciante used a wierd violin effect and played over his recording of that. One of these songs is a cover, Havana Affair by the Ramones It also has the wallpaper which was basicly used in the background of when the Chilies were playing.

Production Quality — 9
The only trick I saw was the matrix style camera when Anthony jumped it would move around and he would be in the air, I still don't get how they did this without ruining the music. This trick is very nice in general and was used a few times. This was basically the live show itself which was amazing in itself, at the end there is a fireworks display.

If this were stolen in deck the person who stole it or get another copy, it's definatly worth it, this amazing performance and great stage presence makes it worth ever penny. Better than other concert DVDs in my opinion. I love it how all their songs are fluently going to the next one especially the first two, By The Way and Scar Tissue. You will never be able to see so much energy and great solos from them like this gig, you have to get it. Your not a true Chili Pepper Fan if you haven't got this!

windmilldweller
    i like to play this on my laptop to hear live versions of there music TOTTALLY worth it. Got it as a present, love it.
    Clutch32192
    Best Music DVD ive bought yet, great sound...wish they made it in cd. Love John frusciante's solo on Don't forget me.
    Clutch32192
    Love this Dvd, best music dvd ive bought. all are at the top of their game, and a shizza load of people there. RHCP 4ever