Live In Hyde Park review by Red Hot Chili Peppers

• Released: Aug 3, 2004
Red Hot Chili Peppers: Live In Hyde Park

The sound of the CD as a whole is excellent. With Flea's funky bass rhythm, John's angelic guitar riffs, Chad's constant beating on the drums way too hard, and Anthony's god-like voice, the CD is a natural phenomenon. John's way of adding intros, outros, and changing solos is one of a kind. The two new songs, "Rolling Sly Stone" and "Leverage Of Space" remind me of my favorite time of the Red Hots, the '90s. Those two songs prove to be a new beginning for them.

Anthony's voice is as good as it has always been. He sings songs that may not make any sense to you, but there is a meaning to them. His lyrics are funky, sorrowful, and always a delight.

This album is my favorite. My favorite song off it is By The Way just because of the outro to it. This album is probably their best one so far. I would kill someone for this CD (kidding). Ever sinc I first saw the Red Hots live. I have always wanted to keep on hearing them live. It's like a drug to me.

roythereaper
    As a Red Hot Chili Peppers enthusiast (Obsessive) I'd like to say that Anthony Kiedis' vocals are a bit naff on this album, but I saw them at Sheffield a while back, and I personally think his voice is considerably better now
    snakeyes9510
    this album is truely remarkable. Don't think twice about not picking it up just because of a half-assed vocal job. The music definatly makes up for it.
    Eamon Fethers
    its a good live performance but slane castle kicks hyde parks ass, but i luved the can't stop intro, double thumbs up 4 that