Live In Hyde Park review by Red Hot Chili Peppers

• Released: Aug 3, 2004
Red Hot Chili Peppers: Live In Hyde Park

I'm a big fan of the Red Hot Chili Peppers and this live CD cemented my faith in the band. The instrumental skills of Flea, Chad, and John are absolutely brilliant in this album. The only thing that lets this CD down a bit is the vocal skills. Anthony Kiedis is a good vocalist however during a live set you can tell he gets tired out and his voice begins to get a bit strained. Despite this it is still a huge joy to listen to!

The Lyrical skills of Anthony Kiedis have often been part of discussions, Whether you love them or hate them you have to admit that they are very individual and will leave some kind of impression on you. It is often said that they don't make any sense however a lot of them will be rooted deeply in anthony kiedis's own life experiences! Being a live CD the singer's voice is not the same as it would be on a studio recording. However I still think it sounds very good. The only problem is with there very energetic performances on stage Anthony Kiedis will often get tired out. This puts a strain on his voice and this can be heard on the CD.

This album is one of my favourites! As a live performance it is truly wonderful. My favourite songs are "Brandy," "Rolling Sly Stone" and "Black Cross" also the classics like "Under The Bridge" and "Californication" feature on this album. If this album was stolen I would most certainly purchase a new one!

PotGuy
    Probably my favourite ever album, purely because they sounded so bloody brilliant live. Shame they don't sound like this anymore. By The Way's outro is brilliance personified, as is Rolling Sly Stone. The harmonies leave somethign to be desired, but it is the best I have ever heard them sound. Just buy it.
    ledzeppelin13
    just gonna say this, the by the way intro is some of the best music i've ever heard, just is amazing! and also definitely worth it to pick up this album! but slane is better