One Hot Minute review by Red Hot Chili Peppers

• Released: Sep 12, 1995
Red Hot Chili Peppers: One Hot Minute

One Hot Minute is a special CD for me. It was one of my first CD's. I buyed it in a second hand shop in Roeselare (Belgium) for a little price, but it was in good condition. The CD must be damaged of playing it so many times. The sound on the CD is really awesome and I like the way Chad Smith plays the drums.

The lyrics are written on a special way and they not really have a subject, and that's very cool. If you look in that little book of the CD, you can see that the lyrics are drawed in Old English style fonts with drawings. "Think I'll Go On A Walkabout" is always in my head, because I love that song.

It compares with all of they're other albums, because they all are very awesome. Aeroplane, Shallow Be Thy Name, Walkabout and Coffee Shop are my favorite songs. It's the best album of the Red Hot Chili Peppers, but I have better CD's in my collection. If it were stolen or losted I would say: "Bwaaah, I will buy another one", I think so. No, I will really buy another one!

moopie
    I love the raw funkyness of One Hot Minute, as well as the other early RHCP record, but the one thing i think sets this apart is that raw funk. It's true each artst in rhcp's history has left a mark, which explains why most of what John Fruiscanti plays on sounds like UNder The Bridge balad. i actually hold this album far higher than Blood Sugar Sex and magic any day, and dont understand it's abandonment.
    con job
    havent heard this but from the songs i did hear from it its gotta be better than Stadium Arcadium and By the Way....anythin has to be
    con job
    Got this recently one of my fave Chili's albums now. And Chosenfro thats your opinion. Not mine. So don't force your opinion on me thanks.
    FruFighter wrote: Without John it's just the Re Ot Il Pers
    the chilis reached their peaks with John, but hav also hit horrible lows with him too(i.e Stadium Arcadium)they were somethin spectacular before john was even old enough to vote or had even heard of these guys
    Chosenfro68
    Just got this album. It's Very good. And con job, Stadium arcadium is an excellent album.
    Frusconbage
    It sort of annoyed me that they drop oh so many f-bombs in this album, but the songs are soooo cool.