Out In L.A. review by Red Hot Chili Peppers

• Released: Nov 1, 1994
Red Hot Chili Peppers: Out In L.A.

The Red Hot Chili Peppers' Out In LA album has great songs but only one song really kills the album and thats "If You Want Me To Stay (Pink Mustang Mix)." Don't get me wrong I love If You Want Me To Stay the song rocks but the remix sucks. The rest of the album is great though the sound changes because there are a few live songs a few demos and the guitarist changes from Hillel Slovak to John Frusciante but the sound is still great.

Like all Red Hot Chili Peppers albums the lyrics, the music and the singing is great. The first four songs are remix's they are. The next six songs are Demos that the peppers recorded in 1983 or 1984 with the first line up, Anthony, Flea, Hillel and Jack. The rest of the songs are not really songs except for "Blues For Meister," "What It Is" and maybe "Deck The Halls" some are a bit strange like stranded which is about being stranded on the toilet bowl and not having any toilet paper to wipe with so to prove your a man you must wipe with your hand.

It's not the peppers best work but it's still a great album. The song(s) would be every song except for some remix's. What I love about it is that the sound changes all the time, and what I hate about it is If You Want To Stay (Pink Mustang Mix). If it were stolen/lost I wound but it again for sure. Anyone who isn't really in to the Chili's most likely won't like it but if your a big Chili's fan you should love it but anyway I highly recomened you buying this album.

01chardw