Out In L.A. Review

artist: Red Hot Chili Peppers date: 01/09/2006 category: compact discs
Red Hot Chili Peppers: Out In L.A.
Released: Nov 1, 1994
Genre: Rock
Styles: Alternative Pop/Rock, Funk Metal
Out In L.A. Reviewed by: conorqz27, on april 09, 2004

Sound: My name is Stephen Markey and I am reviewing the red hot chili peppers album out in LA.I think the sound in this album is adequate. It is Not the best I have ever heard. This album is quite good but it is lacking the wonderful music that the Red Hot Chili's are capable of. Although the bass by Flea is absolutely fantastic in some of the songs. // 6

Lyrics: I think that the lyrics in the songs Flea fly and stranded and the other funny songs are hilarious but rather Pointless and are not up to the red hot chili's usual standards. // 4

Overall Impression: This album is quite good but it is really the bass that pushes it up to my final impression of the red hot chili peppers album out in LA. I think that it is a good album and will keep listening to it but I do not recommend it to anyone who has other red hot chili peppers albums and to keep the ones they have because it is mostly remixes and strange songs although the bass kicks some serious ass!!! // 8

Out In L.A. Reviewed by: mogely, on june 14, 2004

Sound: Hello, my name is Stephen Markey. The sound in this album is absolutely fantastic. The bass is brilliant and the giutar is good. One of the best songs for flea and john to show their talent in is on the hit 'By The Way' which is brilliant. The drums are also full of red hot chili peppers funky standards. // 10

Lyrics: The lyrics in the songs is excellant. I think that Anthony has chosen his lyrics carefully and he knows when to change his voice in a song. Some of the lyrics in the songs are brilliant while others, still great are hilarious such as By the way and give it away. // 10

Overall Impression: My overall imp-ression of the Red Hot Chili Pepper Album 'Greatest Hits' is that it is an amazing album and I would recommend it to anyone. I would rate it 5 star. // 10

Out In L.A. Reviewed by: frusciante1234, on january 09, 2006

Sound: The Red Hot Chili Peppers' Out In LA album has great songs but only one song really kills the album and thats "If You Want Me To Stay (Pink Mustang Mix)." Don't get me wrong I love If You Want Me To Stay the song rocks but the remix sucks. The rest of the album is great though the sound changes because there are a few live songs a few demos and the guitarist changes from Hillel Slovak to John Frusciante but the sound is still great. // 9

Lyrics: Like all Red Hot Chili Peppers albums the lyrics, the music and the singing is great. The first four songs are remix's they are. The next six songs are Demos that the peppers recorded in 1983 or 1984 with the first line up, Anthony, Flea, Hillel and Jack. The rest of the songs are not really songs except for "Blues For Meister," "What It Is" and maybe "Deck The Halls" some are a bit strange like stranded which is about being stranded on the toilet bowl and not having any toilet paper to wipe with so to prove your a man you must wipe with your hand. // 10

Overall Impression: It's not the peppers best work but it's still a great album. The song(s) would be every song except for some remix's. What I love about it is that the sound changes all the time, and what I hate about it is If You Want To Stay (Pink Mustang Mix). If it were stolen/lost I wound but it again for sure. Anyone who isn't really in to the Chili's most likely won't like it but if your a big Chili's fan you should love it but anyway I highly recomened you buying this album. // 10

Comments