Stadium Arcadium review by Red Hot Chili Peppers

• Released: May 9, 2006
  • Users' score: 6.3 (2,359 votes)
Red Hot Chili Peppers: Stadium Arcadium

The sound of the album overall is fuckin awesome. Frusciante has never sounded better and his guitars are fuckin screamin in some of his solos, particularly "She's Only 18", but he still also manages to capture that beautiful clean tone that he gets. Flea's bass is just as funky as ever, I don't know why some of you people are hatin on the bass on this album saying it's not as good as some of the other RHCP albums. I enjoyed Chad's drumming more on this album than I have on any other album, he just keep's getting better. Anthony's voice is the best I've ever heard it. He's one of the few singers whose voice is getting better with age, not worse.

The lyrics are typical off the wall Anthony Keidis lyrics. It's hard sometimes to find a way to relate to them, or know what they mean but that's what we all love about Anthony's lyrics. The melody's to the songs are awesome as well, particularly on "Hump De Bump."

Overall I give this album a 10. It's just as good as BSSM or Californication and it's way better than By The Way, which didn't impress me very much at all. I love how the Peppers explore their more psychedelic sounds on this album. I don't hate anything about this album. I don't find the two-disc set as boring or repetitive, I enjoy it quite thoroughly. I mean c'mon it's 2 new Peppers CD's. Songs 1-14 on both CD's rocked my socks off go buy this CD now!