Stadium Arcadium review by Red Hot Chili Peppers

• Released: May 9, 2006
  • Users' score: 6.3 (2,359 votes)
Red Hot Chili Peppers: Stadium Arcadium

Stadium Arcadium Has a mix of slow (but still great songs) and faster ones with each and everyone of them worth listening to. The CD has two dicss with the first one called Jupiter and the Second called Mars each having 14 tracks. This album includes Tracks like Charlie, Dani california, desacration smile and other good tracks. Also in this album listen to the exellent guitar by john Frusciante.

The lyrics are amazing. They are meaningful, fun, sometimes random (not often though) Anthony Kiedis is the best. The Red Hot Chili Peppers couldn't have a better guy for the singing.

The album is by far the best they have ever done. All songs are exellent so no need to skip tracks or anything when your listening just listen to it straight. I love the whole album nothing could be better and if it would get lost or stolen I would definatley buy it again. It rocks.

AznInvazn666
    MX4Life
    Aznlnvazn666, RHCP has near the most amount of talent of any band. This album definitely grows on you. With songs like Readymade, Snow, and So Much I, how can it not be a great album. Yeah, seven singles might be pushing it, but there are definitely more than seven songs that could be singles. I really like it. It's not quite a 10, but close.
    m_daly_123
    AznInvazn666 : I hate RHCP, no offense but I'm just not into the funk/rock stuff that they play, also they could use distortion and some more skill.
    I'm not going to try to change your opinion because you're entitled to it. However, just because a band doesn't use distortion like Disturbed, Mudvayne, or Metallica doesn't mean they don't have talent. Actually it takes more talent to play without distortion because you have to hit all the notes perfect, or else fans can tell when you mess up. I will say it again, this new album was the Chili Pepper's experimenting and trying out something new. There is actually a lot more distortion on this album than on most of their others. I really enjoyed the album and want to commend the Pepper's for not only making another beautiful piece of work, but for keep pushing themselves in new directions and expanding musically. ....Oh,and as for their skill, have you tried to play the bassline for 'Black-Eyed Blonde'..or the guitar part for 'Snow (Hey Oh)'...or sing along without a paper to 'Can't Stop'...or play the drums on 'By The Way'....There IS skill and their IS definitely talent.
    sk8terdude9390
    Simply put, some of AK's worst lyrics ever.
    if anthony kiedis had lyrics that made sense, then it just wouldn't be red hot chili peppers anymore. i love that he is random as hell.
    Chromeproguitar
    NiK-117 wrote: does any1 else hear purple haze in the dani california solo? im not dissin, jus sayin. all time fav: under the bridge, it shows what John was supposed to play guitar 4, so other people would enjoy playin his stuff. GOD its fun playin thats song. ok im done now, carry on.
    yes thats what comes to mind
    chilibassist
    just got it 2 days ago, in love with it. as for you ppl that think kiedis is singing just random stuff... well you must have shit in your ears. kiedis has improved dramatically between this album and by the way. just really listen to some of the songs, follow along with the lyric book or whatever the hell that thing is called, you will understand most of the songs. for those of you that downloaded it and dont have the book, well... i guess thats what happens. oh and if you ppl cant hear flea thats kinda pathetic. im a bassist so i can hear it more clearly than kiedis' vocals but you should still be able to hear it, especially on songs that have a bass intro such as torture me..
    Kevin97220
    I just got this awesom album. I guess they didn't put Leverage of Space and Rolling Sly Stone on this, oh well.
    strokes4ever
    I got the album a few days ago and i just have to keep listening to this brilliant album. I , unlike some people here did like Danni California from the start bt do not think its the best song on the album, theres just so many to choose from although i must highlet Snow(hey ho) as the riff for this blew me away. Chilli peppers, you've done it yet again.
    mousepad
    MOVING AROUND LIKE A SCIENTIST???? THAT IS FUC KING GENIUS MAN!! THAT IS BRILLIANT!!
    Metalbass
    Great band but I find this album boring as hell. Then again I prefer their older thrash-funk albums. I'd take Slovak over Frusciante any day.
    airpeppers
    This IS their best album no doubt. It has several funky songs that would have fit in with BSSM as well as deep mellow tracks that we are all going to love. Stadium Arcadium is simply amazing as well as Snow! It's friggin' amazing! This is their grand statement, it is as big as the hype! THE FUNKY MONKS ARE BACK!
    sublimelvr4745
    I am very impressed with this album. I really like the idea of a two disc set, because although it may be slightly overwhelming at first, I know I won't be getting bored with it for a very long time. It's a very diverse album incorporating several elements from especially, Blood Sugar Sex Magik, and By the Way and Californication. It's got the funky grooves that we all know the Chili Peppers best by, but it also has those simply beautiful songs such as Slow Cheetah and Snow (Hey Oh) which remind me of the By the Way cd. I am very impressed with all that John put out and although some of the lyrics might be tweaked a little here and there, overall, I really think they fit with the cd. I agree that we don't hear Flea as much as in other cds, except for in the funky bass line grooves, but I think that the sound as a whole really works well for the Peppers and personally, I can pick out the sound of the base lines in a lot of the songs. Overall, I think this cd would beat a 10 on the scale, because it is just so original and so perfect for the Chili Peppers. They have the lyrics, the guitar riffs, and base lines down perfectly for the sound they were going for. 10+
    TAB107
    This CD really showed everything the peppers are made of they got the old funk from older cd's, the newer soft songs, and some nice normal rock in the mix, Stadium Acradium is truely one if not the best cd that RCHP has created and if u havent got it GET IT NOW!
    ghost.of.cobain
    flea makes me horny..and im a guy..and im not gay!hahaha.the bass makes me hump de bump!haha.great album.
    richabanana
    its weird, this album is unlike all the stuff the chili peppers have done before. its louder and faster than btw, it isnt as simplistic as cali, it isnt dave navarro, and it definately isnt BSSM or any album before it, but it still feels familiar and sounds like the chili peppers, i dunno how.
    phoenix_88
    Is this album good? Well, it?s only good if you think the Red Hot Chili Peppers are good, as nothing in this album will change anyone?s opinion about them.
    i disagree. previous to buying the album... knew they were good.. but i didn't like them too much or really get into it.. now, i love them and this album. yeah theres no real musical growth on the album or anything really.. but it has some sick songs and amazing guitar/everythingelse work.
    Stoner Loner
    At first (by that i mean yesterday) i hated and i said id never hate this for whatever it was lol.Well now i like it alot.I think its like BTW with allittle less original melody spread amongst the songsb ut have a more polished edge.I love this album though so much variety but my favorite album is still ULMP and BTW.I downloaded wet sand early in like march but it was a bootlegg live and i forget who but one of them say oh remember to bootlegg this and put it on the internet or something.
    Last To Fall
    Oh...one more thing...if they sold out, THANK GOD! The music is 10X better because of it . There's melody! Oh god, what do we do??
    RHCP Rzpect
    Dude...This Guys are that damn GOOD.C,mon guys u gotta admit rite?Anyway Stadium Arcadium was a huge success and if Ypu disagree with me... well let's settle this 1 on 1. hehe
    PunkRocka182
    Iv orderd this album and it hasnt come yet, form wat iv heard iv got summin to look forward 2!
    Grilled Chez
    It is obviously taking a long time to absorb it all, but I like it so far. RHCP usually take awhile to grow on me, so this definitly will. I'm doing it one CD at a time, and I'm starting to figure out Jupiter.
    manthtscrazy
    alright ive listened to thi cd several times threw and i think they nailed it. its like all there cds in one its the best i love it. the guitar in this one shocked me i love it
    Ross O'Farrell
    Meh I've heard better from them... heard a lot worse as well... But it is a good album... Still looking forward to seeing them in July!!! Already got my tickets...
    isc-dude
    YOYO FRUSCIANTE RULES BIATCH!!!!! I FUKIN KNEEEE ITTTTT SINCE THE BEGINNING!!!!! THE CHILIS ARE A GREAT BAND.. A BALANCE.. FIRST HILLEL WITH HIS CRAZY GUITAR, THEN CAME FLEA WITH HIS CRAZY BASS SLAP THING, THEN CAME ANTHONY WITH HIS CRAZY LYRICS, THEN CAME JACK.. THEN CAME CHAD AND STARTED TO BITCHSLAP FLEA THEN FRUSCIANTE BITCHSLAPS EV ERYBODY WITH HIS GUITAR YET ANTHONY STILL IS GOOD WIHT HIS LYRICS AND FREESTYLING ... THE CHILI PEPPERS.. THE PERFECTLY BALANCED BAND
    NiK-117
    Klara
    i dont know why you guys feel the need of comparing it to bssm.Stadium Arcadium, is just the artistic evolution of the chilis, you can like the way they grow up artisticly or not, even if you are a fan or not. I'm actually listening to the album right now, and for me sounds just different from everything they've ever done, and it sounds good to me. YOu ca make a critic basing your opinions in the quality of the music, trying to see the growth the band has experimented, not just comparing it to their hit.
    ToBeAGooner
    Their are enough tunes here for one really good CD, but unfortunately RHCP decided to be self indulgant and make a double album. This supposed growth is the same sound that has comprised the previous two albums. I dont understand what growth, the growth happened in 99.
    aLpH.E
    damn! this CD rocks so much! really imaginative and the guitars solos are amazing! Keep on rockin' in a free world !
    Gimme_GilMORE
    At least we got some more unbiased reviews of 8 and 9 overall. Those who gave it 10 need help....