Stadium Arcadium review by Red Hot Chili Peppers

• Released: May 9, 2006
  • Users' score: 6.3 (2,359 votes)
Red Hot Chili Peppers: Stadium Arcadium

Everytime I hear a Chili's album that Froosh plays on I get obsessed with his playing style for a month or two. Why? Well, because he's good! A lot of Stadium Arcadium's playing has almost a Hendrix flavour to it, albeit a more modern rendition of a Jimiesque style. A lot of the songs on the album sound a lot like previous Chili's songs, but, I mean, that's the point, right? I've only listened through both CDs once so far, but there wasn't one song that let me down. Oh. Right. Flea can sure play bass. I had to have a cigarette after listening to him thump around at the speed he does.

Anthony Kiedis, 'nuff said. I love Frusciante's vocals too, he's a fantastic backup singer. Kiedis' lyrics have always seemed very symbolic to me. I've read his autobiography "Scar Tissue" twice and after looking into his past like that it really puts a new spin on the lyrics to his songs. He's getting older but still manages to reach the younger generations.

It's fantastic. The only Chili's album that I didn't like was One Hot Minute, and this is nothing like that. If I had to compare it to an older album, I'd say it's like a mix between Mother's Milk and Californication, only 28 tracks long. If it were stolen (which I could totally see someone doing, it's badass) I'd buy it again. I'd buy it for my cat, my dog, grandma! They didn't let us down. Go buy it. Or download it for free. Just listen to it.

zartists.net
    I've been passive too long, I've seen the lame comments that too many great musicians get handed down. It's time I put in my 2 cents, so I registered. All I have to say is that I fell in love with this album(s) the second I heard it. I am so proud of these guys for sticking at it, their last album wasn't that good, and I was afraid they would make the same mistake. I'm happy to see I was wrong. Stadium Arcadium is an amazingly versatile album filled with some top notch music. I have no bad comments about this album, it's perfect in my book, not even worthy of a 1-10 score.
    isc-dude
    Klara wrote: i dont know why you guys feel the need of comparing it to bssm.Stadium Arcadium, is just the artistic evolution of the chilis, you can like the way they grow up artisticly or not, even if you are a fan or not. I'm actually listening to the album right now, and for me sounds just different from everything they've ever done, and it sounds good to me. YOu ca make a critic basing your opinions in the quality of the music, trying to see the growth the band has experimented, not just comparing it to their hit.
    yo i was gonan say the evoluton thing toooo.. yea this album sounds sooo unique.. really
    Foolish_boy
    Dani Calif just completely blew me away, it went right up there to match Scar Tissue and Calfornication with my fave chills songs, awesome video 2.
    funky_punk
    everyone bums Dani California atm but when you hear songs like "So Much I" and "Hey" then it really don't compare.... still video f*cking pwns!!
    NaNazFynst808
    the album is awsome and the chilis did an excellent job of living up to their reputation. oh and can any one show me how to pronounce johns last name.(not spell,pronounce)
    daryljmorris
    You know iv noticed recently, Anthony has a decent voice, but is he at all talented wen it comes to lyrics? he jus rhymes any old words, i think he'd have been screwed without the other members. He jus rambles a bunch of rubbish in most songs he's ever done. frusciante makes them, even though flea is great, theyd b bummed without john. Their stuff with dave navaro wernt too good like even though he kicks ass. jus my opinion mind, anyone else agree?