Stadium Arcadium review by Red Hot Chili Peppers

• Released: May 9, 2006
  • Users' score: 6.3 (2,359 votes)
Red Hot Chili Peppers: Stadium Arcadium

The sound of the album, the only way I can put it is imagine an equal portion of By The Way, Californication, Blood Sugar Sex Magik, even One Hot Minute, and a mix of all their previous four albums, stick it all in a blender, and Stadium Arcadium is what you get. This album sees RHCP touching the sound of every stage in their 23 year career. This album offers some of the wickedest guitar solos I've ever heard. And for those of you who have been wondering, yes, they have brought back the funk, and everything else they have done.

The lyrics are deep and mysterious as most of Kiedis's lyrics have been eversince One Hot Minute. Like I said before it sees the band doing a lil bit of everything, and that includes Kiedis. He also shows a new side to his microphone with a deep bellow in some parts. His vocal capabilities are the best that they have ever been. He seems to be telling a story in every song, and there seems to be an underlying message throughout the entire album, just listen closely and I think you'll get it.

My overall impression of the album, was it met every expectation that I had or had heard of it. Actually, from all the hype I expected it to surpass my already high expectations, which it did not, but for RHCP to actually live up to all the hype and make music like this is amazing. Its incredible how a band can still be cranking out an ever evolving sound after 23 years. These guys are at the top of there game, and this is funk-metal at its best. And thats they way it should be, after all these are the guys who started the whole thing.

nutella
    hell no, anthony kiedis doesn't just rhyme 'any old words' or 'rambles a bunch of rubbish' his lyrics actually start making sense at a deeper level of understanding and also depending on the way you interpret it. hopefully he would never try to make direct sense cuz his lyrics are more unique that way and they go really well with the melody
    nutella
    btw, stadium arcadium was pretty damn amazing. great blend of everything the chili peppers have ever touched on, funk + melodies + ballads = stadium arcadium. was hoping for more bssm-based funk though but the funk on this album was still awesome, storm in a teacup anyone? like all rhcp albums, this one's changed a bit here and there but still has the rhcp signature sound. funk on
    shotgunjoe
    I just thought this album was really hyped and I thought "Meh, it might be OK..." and downloaded it not expecting much but I was blown away. There. All you haters demanding a critic neutral to the album at first who reviewed it and thought it was genuinely good not because of the fact that they liked the artist have got it...
    Define
    Y'know, all the people saying "this doesn't get a 10 cause a 10 is master of puppets and dark side of the moon and led zeppelin lol stupid kids giving this a 10 thinking it's the best thing ever" are being a bit unreasonable. I personally dislike most of Led Zeppelin a lot because I can't stand the vocals and a lot of it is boring to me. The Led Zeppelin albums aren't the greatest things in the world. Dark Side of the Moon, while I don't deny it's awesomeness, isn't the greatest thing in the world either. To simply put it, people aren't considering that these reviews are simply a matter of opinion. Overused argument, blahblahblah, etc. A little late, yeah.