Stadium Arcadium review by Red Hot Chili Peppers

• Released: May 9, 2006
  • Users' score: 6.3 (2,359 votes)
Red Hot Chili Peppers: Stadium Arcadium

The Red Hot Chili Peppers are a unique sounding band. In my opinion they are like rock meets funk meets reggae. Some guitar sounds like its straight out of the '70s, when other riffs sound like some current metal bands, with similar variety in vocals and bass lines. The band's bassist Flea came up with the album name Stadium Arcadium.

Anthony Keidis is an amazing vocalist. The lyrics are like rap because almost every line they write rhymes with the next. But as far as the notes and scales he uses, that gives it a strong reggae-funk feel to the song.

Definitely one of their better albums with Frusciante on guitar. He is definitely playing at his best now that he's gotten himself cleaned up. The thing, or song I should say, that I love the most on this album is the song Snow (Hey Oh). The intro backs up what I said about John playing at his best. Anyone that's owns one of their CD's, or anyone that plays guitar should pick this up, I only paid $16.

Dr. No
    AznInvazn666 wrote: I hate RHCP, no offense but I'm just not into the funk/rock stuff that they play, also they could use distortion and some more skill.
    More skill, are you serious? Yeah, compare Under the Bridge to some drop C gain fueled power chord bonaza. Haha, you made my day.
    slash_015
    Great Drum -and guitarwork. The riff on Snow (hey oh)...i would die for it. It's so ****in' awesome. Although i think the songs: Dani California, wet sand, warlocks, Charlie, Stadium Arcadium, hump the bump and torture me...are so fukin' great. More songs i don't knwo now WFG Slash
    kurdt82
    kurdt82
    overall a great album for a die hard chili peppers fan's point of view. john frusiante is one of my all time fav guitarists and he wowed me on this album. mars was def the better of the two cds. i have to admit it does get a bit repetative but if they kept the album down to only one it would have been even more kickass. the good thing is the good songs outwigh the mediocre ones. favs are descr. smile, 21st century, readymade, she looks to me, toture me, if, snow
    RHCP#1
    i love this band i think ther music is always proficiant and great , but they made dani california awsome and i wished they had put the same effert into all the other song all and all its a great album
    badman86
    for me i like the Mars cd over the Jupiter cd alot more, but that's just me, i love all the songs in the second cd, for me the first cd was kind of "ehhh" but some songs were great
    BRandGraffin
    dani california sounds a lot like tom petty's last dance with mary jane, which is why its so catchy
    phoenix_88
    geez. i agree with (most of) you guys that this album is great. however. have you listened to the second cd? some of the stuff on there is awesome. i like it just as much.. if not more than the first cd. readymade is such a sick song. just seems that everybody is pointing out how awesome the first 5 tracks are... more distortion doesn't make you better... it's usually the opposite. nice job azninvablahblah.
    Covin
    I thought dani california sounded too much like another really, really famous older song...rhythm-wise anyway.
    wiggyisgreat
    im my opinion stadium arcadium is the chillies 3rd best album, behind blood sugar sex magik and californication. there are about 6 amazing songs on this album ( tell me baby, snow hey oh, slow cheetah, dani california, torture me and especially in michigan). the chorus's to nearly all of the songs are imense. there are 2 or 3 bad songs, like hard to concentrate, and the rest of the songs are all pretty average (to chili peppers standards) it is a good album but i think they should have released the 2 cd's seperatley.
    bassmanjoe08
    more skill?then listen to this album man, fruciante has gotten way better since their last album
    icronic
    Here's a tip kid. If you're ever going to tell someone they could use some more skill, make sure you've got skill yourself. As it stands now you and your little band can't even play For Whom The Bell Tolls properly, let alone stay in time.
    RHCP_rock
    People are complaning about fillers but wouldnt you rather have them on the album instead of having to buy them off i tunes later
    imburningstar4
    its a good album with a good feel throughout it but 28 songs in the exact same style is too much to listen to in 1 sitting unless you're like a huge rhcp fan the best song (IMO) is stadium arcadium
    OttovanZanten
    cool, purple haze in the solo? I never heard it that fat, i always turn of the radio when i hear that song. I like RHCP, but when i heard Dani Cal... i tought i was gonna throw up, i don't like the song 1 bit, i can't stand it. Greatest hits, all very good songs, By the way (2002) was also pretty good, but i dont like dani california. I downloaded the album, couple of days ago, but after listening to 30 secs of Dani Cali. i turned it off and havn't listened it since. FUCKING HATE IT! there, that feels much better, i will probably get a lot of responses to that =)
    _TheWorst
    x
    NiK-117 wrote: does any1 else hear purple haze in the dani california solo?
    Yeah, John said in an interview for Guitar World magazine that he purposely paraphrased it. This was a pretty good album in any case. Everything a RHCP's fan would expect to hear but with a few more killer riffs than some of their older stuff. I suppose they could have cut out the top 13 songs from this and made a regular album, but in truth there are a lot of strong songs on the album and it doesn't really need to be cut. It pretty much follows that if you liked the last 2 Peppers albums, you will probably like this one, and moreso because it's larger. And yeah, as said, that comment about "more skill and distortion" is just stupid. But, it was probably made by some 12-year old kid who just got his first Squire from Costco, so I don't really care.
    juniorfr3ak
    eh I love it because its similar to basically everything they've done, you have everything here, but it feels different, whatever I love it and I would have to say Dani California is the worste song on the entire album, imo and I loved One Hot Minute
    bassmanjoe08
    mousepad wrote: MOVING AROUND LIKE A SCIENTIST???? THAT IS FUC KING GENIUS MAN!! THAT IS BRILLIANT!!
    haha, i liked that part too
    genresrforposer
    kurdt82 wrote: sk8terdude9390 wrote: Simply put, some of AK's worst lyrics ever. if anthony kiedis had lyrics that made sense, then it just wouldn't be red hot chili peppers anymore. i love that he is random as hell. if you would actually look into the lyrics you would find they arnt random at all. in fact all of his lyrics are as meaningful as hell and i believe he is one of the most in touch poets of the present day.
    actually they are occassionaly pretty inccoherent, but they've got plenty of meaning. i only have this album and their best of, i'd give this a 10 and the former an 8(ok so maybe i was pissed at aeroplane and can't stop being on there but still..... plus i would've liked some pretty little ditty)