Stadium Arcadium review by Red Hot Chili Peppers

• Released: May 9, 2006
  • Users' score: 6.3 (2,359 votes)
Red Hot Chili Peppers: Stadium Arcadium

This might just be the first record to challenge "Master of Puppets" by Metallica or "Back In Black" by AC/DC or even "Blood Sugar Sex Magik" by themselves in terms of raw quality. Flea, Chad and John are all at thier very best musically with challenging yet cathchy riffs and beats from all concerned. They have gelled into a solid and bluesy unit filled with flair and simplicity and more challenging stuff all rolled into 28 peices of musical gold. Disc 2 has alot more of a "Rock Blues" type feel than Disc 1.

Anthony Kedis is one this generations most inspiering song writers with lyrics that seep into the soul, enter the brain and stay there for eternity. The 2 Discs are both very similar lyrically, the traditional types of chilli's, happy, thought provoking, makes no sense yet manages to make people think.

Overall, this is a remarkable record because it has a mix of everything people love about rock music: excellent lyrics, awesome riffs, brilliant drumming and on guitar and bass, some beautiful melody lines and solos. I believe disc one is better because the quality of songs is more biased towards disc one. This might just be one of the best albums I have ever heard. There is no let up, all the songs are awesome, the technical ability is just stunning and it just leaves people breathless. I would make sure it would not be stolen but if it were I would kill who stole it and buy 3 more copies. The best ever? Hell yes.

Frederik
    After having heard the Dani California single i was really excited about their new album, but honestly I must say that I am disappointed about the outcome governing generally the whole album. The songs on the album just doesn?t thrill me the way Dani California did, the whole thing is just a bit boring, really. - Just expressing my opinion...
    davidgilmourfan
    lazyboat wrote: this reviewer obviously adores the chilli peppers and so anything they produce is gna get full marks which is totally biased and makes for a crap review, he's rated every aspect of this album 10, which therefore puts it up there with the likes of Led Zep 4 or Sgt Pepper, but it blatantly isn't of tht standard wat is he thinking
    I agree... but it is all about personal opinion... of course it doesn't stand up there with Led Zeppelin, Pink floyd or the beatles, but it was a decent album. I have nothing bad to say about it.
    Fithvael
    I love this album... IMO mars is better... some good songs from jupiter as snow, charlie, hump de bump,... mars just rocks... but tell me... why is user rating so low???? site rating 9,1, and user's one, 4,8 by now... can anyone explain me? ...