Stadium Arcadium review by Red Hot Chili Peppers

• Released: May 9, 2006
  • Users' score: 6.3 (2,359 votes)
Red Hot Chili Peppers: Stadium Arcadium

The first Red Hot Chili Pepper's song I ever heard was Scar Tissue. I was listening to Californication over at a friend's house and from then on, I loved them. Anthony Kiedis has a great voice, Flea's basslines are extremely catchy, and the guitar riffs are great. After buying and listening to By The Way, I really wanted to buy Stadium Arcadium. When I finally got the chance, I was amazed. The only song I had heard from it was Dani California and I thought that was great, it's not even one of my favorite songs now! The sound of the music is extremely catchy, and I find myself listening to this CD over and over. I feel like their sound has matured since their last releases, also.

The lyrics are very catchy and sometimes meaningful. But often, they seem random but fun. The lyrics I enjoy listening to the most on this album is probably She Looks To Me. The lyrics that are the most FUN to listen to is probably from Hump De Bump. Overall, the lyrics are great, though I don't think the match the catchiness of the music.

Comparing this CD to By The Way, there are things better and worse. I like By The Way's lyrics more, but Stadium Arcadium has much better music in my opinion. Also, Stadium Arcadium has many more songs, so it's a better listen than any of their other albums (all of the songs are good). The most impressive songs from the album are Torture Me (good lyrics, awesome bass intro), Snow (Hey Oh) (bass and guitar parts go together perfectly. Also, I like the more laid back feeling of this song), and Tell Me Baby (everything about this song is great! It's my dad's favorite too). So, in conclusion, I would definitely buy this album. If I lost this album, I wouldn't even have to think about whether to buy a new one or not, it's great!

Benny989
    GuitarJunkie : Everyone is saying this album is overated..but they are wrong... Althought NOT EVERY SONG ON THE ALBUM IS KICKASS everyone is enjoyable to listen too and there are about 7-8 the really stand out above the rest. dani califoria ready made hump de hump snow (hey girl) shes only 18 tell me baby death of a martian
    Ummm its Snow ((Hey Oh)) not hey girl
    mikeymandinga
    For me, lyrics matter more than anything else. What a band has to say is indicative of their spiritual growth and worthwhile passion. The Peppers have offered some prolific, inspiring, and thought-provoking lyrics in the past. On this album, the muse has switched from some sort of interstellar cosmic traveller to an 18 year-old girl. I was hoping for better, much better in fact. The sound is still great, but in terms of lyrics, it seems the band is retrogressing. Lyrics in 21st Century are impressive, but that is the exception to the rule. Most bands progress in terms of their sound and lyrics. Pearl Jam is a good example of this, and Green Day as well. Stadium Arcadium is a let down for me, and I wonder where the Peppers went that used to show brilliant videos at their concerts and say something meaningful.