Stadium Arcadium review by Red Hot Chili Peppers

• Released: May 9, 2006
  • Users' score: 6.3 (2,359 votes)
Red Hot Chili Peppers: Stadium Arcadium

I really love the Chili Peppers' new sound, it's a bit more pop but still the mind blowing Frusciante solos and heart thumping bass riffs. It seems like they are sometimes using old synthesizers in Snow Hey Oh. it gives it a nice thick sound. It's really amazing at how far they've come considering they've been around for over two decades with so many line up changes. From hard core funk beats like Charlie and Hump de Bump, to dream-like lullabies like Hard To Concetrate and Snow (Hey Oh), this album may be one of their greatest ones yet, next to Blood Sugar Sex Magik.

I have the impression that Kiedis was going for more melodic lyrics instead of the fast, choppy, rap like lyrics except for the select few songs. These lyrics really fit the smooth music of the entire album. Anthony Kiedis has been maturing as a song writer, as well as a singer. His voice is much more in tune with the music.

I love the new sound that they have. Its very mellow and dream like, as I said before. They seem to also be using old synthesizers, that reminds me of Abbey Road. The only thing I distaste about this album is that I wish there were a few more fast beat funk tunes. But the new sound definately makes up for that. If this album were stolen, I'd most definately buy this again, but the guy who stole it has very good reason for stealing it! Great album.

Ischi
    wtf?! Stadium Arcadium is better than Led Zep 4! Although, that might be because i think Led Zep in general are VERY overrated
    _RATM_
    i love the main riff of snow....even after listening to it half a million times.....