Stadium Arcadium review by Red Hot Chili Peppers

• Released: May 9, 2006
  • Users' score: 6.3 (2,359 votes)
Red Hot Chili Peppers: Stadium Arcadium

I would say this album is definitely a mix of by the way and Californication, with some songs more like BSSM and the earlier stuff. The sound itself is amazing, each song has so much work put into it and it really shows, John's solos are the most different thing since the last two, very Jimi Hendrix. The bass is as excellent as always, the drum beats are consistently inventive.

The lyrics are similar to other albums, but the standard is generally a bit higher, however I would have liked a song with utterly amazing lyrics like Can't Stop. I'm impressed with the amount of lyrics Anthony has produced, personally I find music much easier to write than lyrics, he deserves a lot of credit. He's a good singer, too, and John's backing vocals make each song that bit more interesting.

01. Dani California - pretty much average as far as the album goes, wouldn't really stand out if it wasn't a single, but, obviously, still a good song. 02. Snow (Hey Oh) - this is one of the best ones. It stands out because it has a really good guitar riff, and it's really emotional with a pretty singalong chorus. 03. Charlie - starts off in a style which I really don't like, but gets good about 2 minutes in. 04. Stadium Arcadium - surprisingly not as good as you would think, being the album track, but it's good live, good solo. 05. Hump De Bump - not too fond of this style, like I said, but I still appreciate the fact that it's a good song. I know a lot of other people call this their favourite song. 06. She's Only 18 - excellent chorus, plenty of wah, perfect, really. 07. Slow Cheetah - again, perfect in every way - best bit is the outro, really wierd guitar solo type thing. 08. Torture Me - I like the bass riff, plenty energetic guitar intro, more great soloing, I can't understand why John didn't do any stuff like this on By the way, again, a perfect song. 09. Strip My Mind - this is probably my favourite track. Lyrics are actually really good, come to think of it. 10. Especially In Michigan - yet another perfect song. Doesn't actually sound that much like the Chili peppers is my only criticism, but still great. 11. Warlocks - I saw them play this live, yet again it's perfect, the whole album is consistently good even with 20 tracks. 12. C'mon Girl - finally, a song which I don't like. This song is below average, though the solo has just started and it is better than some of the rest of the songs. 13. Wet Sand - good verses + intro, chorus isn't very good, but the bridge is what the song is all about. Would be a 6 without it. 14. Hey - I haven't listened to this song enough, because of that it seems quite average, but on this album average is very good. 15. Desecration Smile - I love this song. Another favourite with Strip My Mind, it is very good except for the guitar riff near the end. Without that riff, this song would be nearly as good as Snow. 16. Tell Me Baby - starts off in the style I don't like, but the chorus is still good, about as good as Dani California. 17. Hard To Concentrate - interesting sound, almost african, verses average, chorus amazing. 18. 21st Century - good song musically, probably worst lyrics on the album, just a bit corny I suppose. Actually, I don't like this song that much at all. 19. She Looks To Me - another perfect song. 20. Readymade - a lot of people really like this song, I don't, the riff doesn't do it for me, quite repetetive. 21. If - really good, quite quiet, reminds me of Porcelain, far too short. When I first heard this song I thought it would be an epic masterpiece, but it doesn't develop very much. 22. Make You Feel Better - perfect again. Chorus is the best bit. 23. Animal Bar - not very good in my opinion, the lyrics aren't that good, just nothing special. 24. So Much I - a lot like Tell Me Baby, I don't really like the verses and the intro, but the chorus more than makes up for it. 25. Storm In A Teacup - reminds me of Give It Away or Suck My Kiss in a way. Just above average. 26. We Believe - chorus not that good, rest of it very good, unlike a few songs. 27. Turn It Again - perfect song. 28. Death Of A Martian - another perfect song, but quite original in that it ends with a sort of ad-lib spoken thing for ages. About a dog.

kidmayhem
    the effect of stadium arcadium is amazing!! at first u dnt like it tht much and slowly it grows on you... each song 1 by 1 and the songs keep going !! this albums amazing a must have for pepper fans