Stadium Arcadium review by Red Hot Chili Peppers

• Released: May 9, 2006
  • Users' score: 6.3 (2,359 votes)
Red Hot Chili Peppers: Stadium Arcadium

Mr. John Frusciante is on his most blinding form to date, he sounds great and his screaming solos are all over the album. Flea's bass is unrelenting and you can't resist tapping your foot to it. I read somewhere that John used a guitar synth or something to create certain sounds. However on some songs, like '21st Century' it appears to have been used to not so good effect, more often than not on bass. But there is a definite sonic bond between the four.

Anthony's lyrics always amaze me with their apparent irrelevance to anything and there is more of the same, but on some songs they appear to carry great meaning. And he comes out with some beatiful little bits, like in 'Stadium Arcadium'. They get in your head but the memorable bit is the melodies he makes with them and they don't dominate the overall song.

This album shows the Chili Peppers have moved on, not just from Blood Sugar Sex Magik-type songs but it's also diffferent to and I'd say better than, By The Way. It is, for the most part, worlds away from the stuff you'll find on What Hits? The only downside for me is by the end of disc two (Mars) it all gets a bit samey, but if it's what you like no probs! I love this album, I won't let anyone borrow it, they should get their own!

clive_jordan
    stadium arcadium is a brilliant album with charismatic and fun songs along with some deeper material though still not as good as by the way