Stadium Arcadium review by Red Hot Chili Peppers

• Released: May 9, 2006
  • Reviewer's score: 4.7 Poor
  • Users' score: 6.3 (2,359 votes)
Red Hot Chili Peppers: Stadium Arcadium

Typical Chili's sound; that being said, however, Flea's basslines lack their usual awe. My brother has never played a bass in his life and I taught him Dani California in five minutes. Nevertheless, Frusciante kept the guitar lines tight, Kiedis' voice is good as usual and Chad does what he does best.

The lyrics from the Chilis always have been and always will be pathetically senseless. Anthony has a great voice, but nothing is even remotely comprehensible. Dani California is the only song that makes even some sense on the album, and that song is apparently a rip-off of Tom Petty's "Mary Jane's Last Dance." It seems the only songs by RHCP that ever make sense lyrically have to have the word California in it.

Personally, the Chilis are kind of like bread; you leave it out too long, it gets stale. Mother's Milk and BSSM were unbelievable albums, and then they come out with this ode to themselves. They're all so full of themselves now because they have tons of ridiculously hardcore fans who will love almost any garbage they put out. As well, not only did they not make a good album, they sold out; almost every kid I know memorizes all the words to half the songs on the album. I'm appalled that anyone would want to listen to such garbage.

7_seven_7
    this is a mad album, and i really like slow cheetah.. great song.. aswell as heaps others. readymade, torture me, snow, dani cali is okay. the song stadium arcadium's mad too. and i like nearly all of em. and i agree whoever said that johns really showing in this album. he really is and it makes the songs sound heaps good. and i agree with what morelloman said. and another thing. if someone likes a band of course theyr gona write a 'good' review. just like if a person who thinks a band is shit is gona write a 'bad' review. theyr opinions are of course gonna be biased. even if you got a guy off the street who had never heard RCHP and let him listen to stadium arcadium and write a review. his opinion is going to be also biased because he might not like that type of music. so it never ends really.
    7_seven_7
    Mcassidy42 wrote: I guess i'm the only one who thinks Snow ((Hey Oh)) is over streched, unwraw, and sounds like it should be enjoyed by a bunch of little kids. Only In Michigan, Torture Me, Storm In A Teacup, Animal Bar and Hump De Bumb, in my opion are the only songs for worth listening to
    lol you idiot, its ESPECIALLY in michigan, not ONLY in michigan lmao..
    cuige
    I totally agree with jiminizzle. Let all critics come and hit the band, fans and lovers of stadium arcadium hard in the face but as long as the chili's believe they will live on. Considering all they have been through, it's unbelievable that they still come and make music of this high quality. Ask yourselfs: If this was a first album for a new band wouldn't we all be saying that his is fantastic? What's wrong with Hard To Concentrate? It's a proposal song. It packs so much emotion and sometimes that's all you want. Same with If. Death of a Martian is about Flea's dog, Martian, who died a while back.
    cuige
    If you get the dvd which comes with the special edition, Flea explains all. Also, I think that anyone who calls it "only in michigan" doesn't know enough about the chili's to critisize.