Stadium Arcadium review by Red Hot Chili Peppers

• Released: May 9, 2006
  • Users' score: 6.3 (2,359 votes)
Red Hot Chili Peppers: Stadium Arcadium

2006 was a year where a hell lot of good albums came out, like Yellowcard's lights and sounds for example, but according to me, the best of those best is Stadium Arcadium by the Red Hot Chilli Peppers. 2 14-track cds for the price of 1 13-ish track CD is already a good start, but when you've got old classics and new songs all jammed into one, you know you've got yourself a good deal. What makes the Red Hot Chilli Peppers so unique is not just their expert drumming and unbelievably spectacular guitar skills, it's that amazing combination of rock, pop, rap and other sounds- don't believe me? Check out Hump de Bump, Charlie, Readymade and Dani California and you'll be in awe-this is absolutely crazy and creative stuff.

Lyrics and songs are made to go hand in hand, and I guess the Red Hot Chilli Peppers understood that point when they wrote the songs for this album, catchy, punchy, at times funny, they talk about a lot of stuff, and they make good sense as well, the singing is quite good, but it's the lyrics that'll grab your attention.

I had a lot of trouble when comparing this album to other albums, the skill displayed here is scray, it may not be perfect, but I think Stadium Arcadium is a milestone in music albums, only about 7% of the songs here actually suck, so the rest of it is actually very good, you can be a hardcore rock freak like me, a rap fanatic, or just somebody looking for good music, no matter who you are, there's something special for you. I definitely recommend this album to you, and if I lost it, I would certainly buy another copy.

Frusconbage
    Well, overall i think tha album is great. The first disc seemed to have the best songs on it (Except for Tel Me baby. Great song.) it didn't toatally thrill me, but is is overall still pretty awesome. I give it an 8.
    Normozoidz
    the songs were great but the solos weren't to impressive like their previous albums but. I really wondered why they labeled this album as "Funk Metal", there isn't much agression with the songs. One thing though, if you ILEGALLY downloaded/got this album, all i can say is that you would be so cruel not paying $10 for 28 tracks!!
    skinnbones3440
    ive been a loyal RHCP fan since the beginning but ive gotta say im a little dissapointed with the CD. i couldnt really get into like any of the others. they dont really have anything that's as good as their previous stuff like otherside, under the bridge, and basically everything from by the way. id give the whole thing a 7 tops mostly because of the excitement to hear them again.
    bassplayer496
    Donkey Fly, why are you comparing the chili peppers to iron maiden? Next are you gonna tell me "don't by master of puppets, get something by Miles Davis, he's better." ~Love, Dallas~
    airpeppers
    Donkey Fly wrote: This abum has like 5 good tracks in my opinion meaning 23 weak tracks meaning....weak album If you want the album of the yera , Buy AMOLAD By Iron Maiden..
    Dude, the iron maiden album is great but it's in a whole different genre compared to rhcp.
    Saverain
    A dissapointment, hope the next one is better. No real real meaning to the album, nothing sticks.