Stadium Arcadium review by Red Hot Chili Peppers

• Released: May 9, 2006
  • Users' score: 6.3 (2,359 votes)
Red Hot Chili Peppers: Stadium Arcadium

This Album is amazing! I heard Dani California on the Radio, and I hadn't listened to the Chili Peppers since By The Way, and I knew I had to buy it. I listened to all the songs, and I think it has a great vibe. It has some of the same sound as their older albums (Uplift, BSSM) and also some of their newer albums (Californication, By The Way) I think this album is a great album, and their music is taking a mature turn, but it's a good turn. I also love their B-sides (like Funny Face, Million Miles of Water) My favorite song for the sound catagory is Tell me Baby, because it starts off soft, then it leads into a great bassline, and a good guitar riff.

Anthony as always put his heart and soul into all the lyrics on this CD. Every song describes something, and I think you have to dig deep to figure out what each song is about, like it doesn't pop out right away. My favorite song for the lyric catagory is Death of a Martian, because it's a loving song for Flea as well as Martian. I also love the spoken word at the end, It always reminds me of a funeral, like the whole group carrying the casket for someone who just died.

I think this album represents what the chili peppers are about. They are growing up, musically and mentally, and it really shows in their music. Some of my favorite songs are She looks to me, Desacration Smile, Storm in your Teacup, and Make you Feel Better. It if got Stolen, I would buy it again.

funkpunkrock123
    i think there is not one song out of the 28 that goes below remarkable. the chili peppers really have shown that they can do any kind of music in any way(just as all their other albums have). Red Hot Chili Peppers will always be known as one of the most influential and praised bands in the history of music.
    Angeal025
    turtles_head wrote: Anyone else notice the little mistake Frusciante makes in the riff 53 seconds into 'Turn It Again'?
    i just noticed that lol i guess even the best can make mistakes
    cuige
    Get a life people! So what if he made a mistake. People are complaining saying it's too pop and too smooth and then you complain when something happens that isn't smooth and pop like a mistake.
    Skadge_101
    SA is what got me into the peppers. Its good, but there are some songs that just DIDNT need to be there, like "hard to concentrate", and about 5 more, but its still a great album.
    drtudor
    Man, I'm all for the guy back there posted stuff about how this is all opinion. I love how you UG guys can fill like 50 pages by forcing opinions onto others while the admins probably just sit there laughing at your useless, stupid commentary.
    lol. i agree. but still i've posted comments on pages, including this one...